Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Click image for larger version

Name:	20130415_173009.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	17284

Hopefully you can see the blurriness of the characters....has anyone seen this before?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130415_172715.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	3.36 MB
ID:	17285  

Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by kenna View Post
    Im looking at other TV`s but cant see any labelled pixel for pixel matching. Can it be called anything else?
    Unfortunately, it's not advertized much. Samsung calls it "just scan". Others call it dot-for-dot, full pixel, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Did you try turning off font smoothing in Windows?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Now I have nothing like 20 20 vision but the two images you posted above look quite acceptable. Of course they will be small on the tv and the bigger the screen the smaller the text can appear - even on this new 23" monitor the Windows menus text is quite small

What I would like to see tho is a full screen image including task bar, menu bar etc - maybe a picture of this topic - taken with your camera.

The tv inputs were mentioned earlier. When I do an input select on my Sony 32" I get a menu of all possible inputs. One of these says "PC". Now that is the VGA port rather than hdmi. Not sure whether you mentioned if you have one of these.
    Quote Quote  
  5. WWWHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO

Its Sorted!

I think i was asking to much of my TV and windows as in I must of had my text to small.

Ive altered my browser maximum and minimum font size ...and also played around with the zooming. Eventually I reached a very nice sized and looking text.

There was a "Just" setting on the TV...and it did improve slightly..but could not get the size correct to fit all the TV without scaling on my G/card.

The Clear type / font smoothing is also something i played with, but it tends to have a varying degree of success on different settings.

Either way with the TV and graphic card settings/alteration of zooms/ font types/sizes we eventually got there.
    I say we because of your help and probing questions which made me think and experiment.

Its not 100% perfect as some of the text on certain sites looks a little squeezed in and even sometimes overlaps its text box...but its sooo much better and clearer

Im not a newbie to tech, i build and tweak PC`s so have at least a basic understanding of stuff.
    But to achieve the picture im happy with, I have had to try every combination of this and that...It should not have to be this difficult.

So thank you both again for taking your time to answer and all your help!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It can be call full pixel,dot for dot etc...just saw that jagabo already said this.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the info johns0

@Jagabo Forgot to mention, the change that had the most impact was the sharpness control..now got that off completely.

Looks reallly smooth now thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Try the attached video. View it full screen. The thin black and white lines around the "1" will be individually visible if you have 1:1 pixel mapping:

Name:  good.png
Views: 652
Size:  8.3 KB

Of course, if you're viewing the above image on the TV without 1:1 pixel mapping it won't look right. You should see alternating black and white lines. No grey lines. No moire patterns.

You shouldn't see something like this:

Name:  bad.png
Views: 588
Size:  27.7 KB
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Tried that...thought not 1:1 mapping but forgot to full screen it

In full screen its as in your figure 1...so 1:1 it is!

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Glad you got it all sorted out.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mentally Deficient Mr.Delusional's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    For your tv, pixel for pixel is labeled as "1080p pixel direct" it's listed in your manual make sure it's engaged. I also wanted to point out that you transposed the last number/letter of your model number. I had a hard time googling it. TX-L39E6B
    Quote Quote