VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    i have tried to open video page of interest using several web browsers

- web page does not show the video URL in source code
    - webpage is made to not play video if dev. console is open (Midori browser seems to be the exception)
    - web page redirects to httpS (not sure if the stream too), so i doubt if the network activity recorder would see into the communication

yet i am unable to find the video stream URL in Network tab.

The site is custom one, so no downloader support it likely. Sample video page HERE

I am on Linux, i already tried to play with a Wireshark network activity recorder, but it is quite hard and i have not found the video stream URL.

My last resort would be to play the video and let software like SimpleScreenRecorder to record it.

But before i do it, do you have any idea what to try, or even Linux command or the Wireshark filter?

Thank You
    Last edited by postcd; 28th Feb 2021 at 07:01.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    It is that stupid website hqq.tv or whatever. This is the only way of stopping someone from downloading their illegally hosted streams, I guess.. Or so they thought.

[Attachment 57566 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by hvq; 28th Feb 2021 at 07:18.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by postcd View Post
    Hello,
    i have tried to open video page of interest using several web browsers

- web page does not show the video URL in source code
    - webpage is made to not play video if dev. console is open (Midori browser seems to be the exception)
    - web page redirects to httpS (not sure if the stream too), so i doubt if the network activity recorder would see into the communication

yet i am unable to find the video stream URL in Network tab.

The site is custom one, so no downloader support it likely. Sample video page HERE

I am on Linux, i already tried to play with a Wireshark network activity recorder, but it is quite hard and i have not found the video stream URL.

My last resort would be to play the video and let software like SimpleScreenRecorder to record it.

But before i do it, do you have any idea what to try, or even Linux command or the Wireshark filter?

Thank You
    try using the firefox addon called the stream detector or videodownload helper addon and see
    those will detect the streams.
    Quote Quote  
  4. VDH detected video chunks, other one nothing. Thx

UPDATE: someone said:

You can get keys by using l3-widevine-decryptor plugin for chrome. It's not possible to get them only from .mpd link.

https://github.com/cryptonek/widevine-l3-decryptor
    Last edited by postcd; 7th Apr 2021 at 07:01.
    Quote Quote