VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

Would you see this video that shows my problem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u61lfDg1dj0

Last edited by yaston; 13th Nov 2015 at 16:58.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No one would answer me ??!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many posts are answered immediately, but that does not happen with every post. Try to be patient. It may take a few days for the right person to see the post.

I don't have an Elgato Game Capture HD60. I do have the same ViewHD VHD-1X2MN3D splitter. It worked for me.

You have to do some testing to find out where the problem is.

Even though the capture software doesn't detect a signal with your equipment set up exactly as shown in the video, does the TV still display a picture and produce sound?

If you replace the satellite receiver with a different device (DVD player, Blu-Ray player, game console, HD camera) keeping the rest of your set up the same, does the capture software detect a signal?
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th Nov 2015 at 19:29.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Many posts are answered immediately, but that does not happen with every post. Try to be patient. It may take a few days for the right person to see the post.

I don't have an Elgato Game Capture HD60. I do have the same ViewHD VHD-1X2MN3D splitter. It worked for me.

You have to do some testing to find out where the problem is.

Even though the capture software doesn't detect a signal with your equipment set up exactly as shown in the video, does the TV still display a picture and produce sound?

If you replace the satellite receiver with a different device (DVD player, Blu-Ray player, game console, HD camera) keeping the rest of your set up the same, does the capture software detect a signal?

This is it... even the cable to the TV dosen't work... i hooked up a cable from the receiver to the splitter and then out to the TV nothing happend...!! The same thing with elgato.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yaston View Post
    This is it... even the cable to the TV dosen't work... i hooked up a cable from the receiver to the splitter and then out to the TV nothing happend...!! The same thing with elgato.
    ...but if you connect the receiver directly to the TV using the same cable, you can see a picture and hear audio?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    ...but if you connect the receiver directly to the TV using the same cable, you can see a picture and hear audio?
    Yeah, of course... it works normally... but when i connect the cable from receiver to the splitter and from out of it to the Elgato it doesn't work..!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Yeah, of course... it works normally... but when i connect the cable from receiver to the splitter and from out of it to the Elgato it doesn't work..!!!
    The HDMI cable connecting the satellite receiver to the splitter needed to be tested to determine if the HDMI cable could be the problem. It still might be. I had one HDMI cable with a connector that apparently didn't mate perfectly with the HDMI port on my PC. Once in a while I would turn on the PC and there would be no picture until I re-connected the cable. The same cable is fine with other devices.

The splitter or its power supply could also be the problem. Have you tried power-cycling the splitter? To do that, disconnect the power supply and the HDMI cables for an hour, then plug everything in again. Did the splitter come with a power supply that is compatible with the electrical outlets normally found in your country? If not, did you replace the power supply with a different one or use a power converter/adapter?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    The HDMI cable connecting the satellite receiver to the splitter needed to be tested to determine if the HDMI cable could be the problem. It still might be. I had one HDMI cable with a connector that apparently didn't mate perfectly with the HDMI port on my PC. Once in a while I would turn on the PC and there would be no picture until I re-connected the cable. The same cable is fine with other devices.

The splitter or its power supply could also be the problem. Have you tried power-cycling the splitter? To do that, disconnect the power supply and the HDMI cables for an hour, then plug everything in again. Did the splitter come with a power supply that is compatible with the electrical outlets normally found in your country? If not, did you replace the power supply with a different one or use a power converter/adapter?

I did all what you've said with it... now, when i connect the cable from thr receiver to the splitter and from the splitter to the TV it works normally! And when i connect from splitter to the Elgato it shows this

By the way i tried all the ways you've adviced me before.
    Last edited by yaston; 13th Nov 2015 at 16:57.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do both splitter outputs work with the TV, or just one?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    When i do both of the splitter out, nor TV neither Elgato work...! And when i do just one out to the TV it works.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When i do both of the splitter out, nor TV neither Elgato work...! And when i do just one out to the TV it works.
    So, if both outputs are connected to the TV at the same time there is no picture from either of them? If you connect just one output (to the TV) there is a picture. Does it matter which output you connect to the TV?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    So, if both outputs are connected to the TV at the same time there is no picture from either of them? If you connect just one output (to the TV) there is a picture. Does it matter which output you connect to the TV?
    Nooo, when i connect the output to the TV it works and when i connect one output to the Elgato and the other to TV it doesn't
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to find out if both outputs of the splitter can produce a signal if the Elgato HD60 is not involved. It is possible that the Elgato HD60 is the problem, not the splitter.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I'm trying to find out if both outputs of the splitter can produce a signal if the Elgato HD60 is not involved. It is possible that the Elgato HD60 is the problem, not the splitter.
    Well.... i think the same so !!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try power cycling the Elgato HD60. To do that disconnect the HDMI cable(s) and the USB cable from the Elgato HD60, then wait for an hour before re-connecting the Elgato HD60. (All of the cables connected to the HD60 can supply power.)
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    You could try power cycling the Elgato HD60. To do that disconnect the HDMI cable(s) and the USB cable from the Elgato HD60, then wait for an hour before re-connecting the Elgato HD60. (All of the cables connected to the HD60 can supply power.)
    UUUw.. should i do this everytime ??
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know how often it will be necessary to do this. I do know that some HD capture devices need to be power cycled every day or every few days.

It may or may not be necessary to wait an hour.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I don't know how often it will be necessary to do this. I do know that some HD capture devices need to be power cycled every day or every few days.

It may or may not be necessary to wait an hour.
    Actually, i had the worst experience with Elgato... which Game Capture is better ??
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, i had the worst experience with Elgato... which Game Capture is better ??
    I am almost afraid to recommend something. All seem to have flaws and none are fool-proof.

I don't recall seeing anything other than the Elgato HD60 with a hardware encoder that can capture 1080p50/60 as 1080p50/60.

The Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 GE Plus is one of the more popular alternatives for use with a computer but does not capture 1080p50/60 as 1080p50/60 but instead as 1080p25/30, discarding half the frames. It does need to be power-cycled, perhaps daily.

The AVerMedia EzRecorder 130 (ER130) is a stand-alone device (uses an external hard drive to record) that I have recommended to a few people, but it has limitations. It has a good/optimal type bitrate setting (optimal is 20 Mbps) and it captures 1080p50/60 as 1080p25/30 too. The biggest flaw is the video headers report interlaced framerates incorrectly, which confuses some software players and editors. I think there is a fix. I don't know if it needs regular power-cycling or not.

[Edit] Somebody else recommended this in another thread for recording TV via HDMI: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271434863079?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AME...c=1&rmvSB=true

Manufacturer product page: http://www.aplusvlink.com/hdtv_recorder_eng.html There are things that I don't like about it. For one thing, it is not easily returned if there is a problem. ...but those things may not be a consideration for you. I think it records only up to 1080i.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 14th Nov 2015 at 14:06.
    Quote Quote