VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I know I am not the first, but I also have terrible problems with making the export with (latest) Premier Pro in an iMac. I looked through a lot of forums and I cannot find a solution anywhere…
    As you can see on the picture, not just that the colors are shifted but also the image / skin colors completely fall apart when I export it…

The higher image is a thumbnail saved from Premiere, lower one is played on VLC (similar to the look on YouTube and other players).
    I tried everything I could think of and I am not able to get any better result at all.
    I have tried exporting with Premiere and Media encoder.
    Using CUDA and software encoding.
    Using different codes bitrates for export HD h.264 on 10,35,50mbps, h.265, QuickTime Prores 422HQ, mpeg, jpg export, and it is all more or less the same… every time the skin fell apart.
    I tried turning on and off export form previews, render at maximum depth, maximum render quality…
    I tried exporting with the LUT from Adobe and it changes color completely in to something else, but the skin still falls apart.

The strangest I think is the difference between save snapshot from the timeline and the frame from jpg export. Does anybody have any idea what to do?
    Last resort would be to go frame by frame saving snapshots from program monitor and encoding with something else, but there must be a better way?

Any suggestions??

Thank you.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwhflyxv97rdiag/Premiere_export_problem.jpg?dl=0
    [Attachment 57699 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. When you go into Sequence Settings, does the working color space match the color space of your source? (Rec. 709 is the most common.)
    And then do you maintain that all the way through export?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The Premiere image looks better than the VLC image in every way. Better grain retention, better levels, better colors. But yes, you may have a rec.709 vs. rec.601 colormatrix problem. VLC is known to have problems with this. You may have a full vs. limited range levels problem too.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, it is all in rec.709.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try exporting tiff or png sequence. All the ones you listed, including jpg are in YUV

Try clearing media cache

Try dynamic link to AE and render from AE
    Quote Quote