VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Recently I have configured madVR with Potplayer using Rakens guide. My GPU is not much powerful, so I could not use image doubling. But the problem is, I am losing details even in the default settings. The video is softened, with the cost of lose in details/sharpness. Is this normal? I am new in codecs amd things, pardon me if I am wrong about something.

Specs:
    Windows 10 64 Bit
    Core I7
    Ram 16 GB
    Nvidia Geforce 960M
    (Asus ROG GL552VW)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your specs seems powerful enough. I used to use MadVR also, but switched to EVR custom present, because it is simply for me better handling mkv files.
    Try read this as it was updated on september this year. And this.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 22nd Nov 2017 at 14:29. Reason: added link And this
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Your specs seems powerful enough. I used to use MadVR also, but switched to EVR custom present, because it is simply for me better handling mkv files.
    Try read this as it was updated on september this year. And this.

Bernix
    As you said, I have a decent config (not the best, but good to go), but still image doubling makes thing worse. Reading the settings guide you provided, I applied settings that were listed in GTX 970, and the result was worse. With the current working madVR setting I have (as said in Rakens guide), everything works fine but the image is softened and details are gone, as mentioned before.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Best is start in MadVR set to default (in same folder as madVR) and in potplayer in preference (initialize) so you start with both default. To be sure Potplayer isn't culprit.
    In MadVR you can then in processing switch off remove artifact and similar settings. That can have impact on details.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have tried, but it just doesn't work. The default of Potplayer (EVR Custom Present) renders video with better quality.
    Quote Quote