Originally Posted by flashandpan007 View Post
    use D3D11 in rendering settings of madVR
    YOU'RE AMAZING IT WORKED!

Just to confirm, this is what I changed:
    [Attachment 51377 - Click to enlarge]

Thank you very much!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that's good advice. I use mpc-hc, not sure what your player does.

edit: oops you'd already posted that it worked.

Anyway, what did you use to screen-capture and save the screenshot image ?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	hdr01.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	51378  

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hydra3333 View Post
    that's good advice. I use mpc-hc, not sure what your player does.

edit: oops you'd already posted that it worked.

Anyway, what did you use to screen-capture and save the screenshot image ?
    I use Snagit 2019.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Neobond View Post
    use D3D11 in rendering settings of madVR
    YOU'RE AMAZING IT WORKED!

Thank you very much!

I use madVR and MPC-BE for a very long time (and also do voluntary translation work for many years now for MPC-BE) and saw that in your first screenshot D3D9 was used. I am glad I could help you.

For all who don't know, the develeopers of MPC-BE are former MPC-HC developers who started their own project after some .. well ... circustances and I watched both projects and I joined MPC-BE.

For all who didn't tried MPC-BE already, please try it, you will love it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @Neobond:Great!Just don't understand how you have such a low rendering value. I won't get under 15.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tramin View Post
    @Neobond:Great!Just don't understand how you have such a low rendering value. I won't get under 15.
    Mine hovers around 5ms full screen, but it jumps around in windowed mode (I saw 57ms briefly, but mostly low numbers) what do you think it could be?

I also installed LAV filters and merged the registry files here https://github.com/bgehrlei/MPC-BE-with-madVR but they do not appear in the filters menu. I did configure LAV according to the page.

[Attachment 51379 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  7. create an empty folder and rename it to:
    Code:
    ShowRenderSteps
    Then the OSD of madVR shows advanced rendering times
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 51380 - Click to enlarge]

I created the empty folder, idk it jumps around between 3ms and 15ms and higher but mostly shows low numbers around 5ms.
    Quote Quote  
  9. This depends on your selected upscalers and your GPU, as long as the times is below the frametime of for example a 50p video which has a frametime of 20ms, everything is OK.
    25p has a frametime of 40 ms, and so on.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This depends on your selected upscalers and your GPU, as long as the times is below the frametime of for example a 50p video which has a frametime of 20ms, everything is OK.
    25p has a frametime of 40 ms, and so on.
    I don't really know what the video is beyond the info given here https://4kmedia.org/lg-chess-hdr-demo/ but my card is a KFA2 RTX 2070 SUPER http://www.kfa2.com/kfa2/graphics-card/20-series/kfa2-geforce-rtx-2070-super-ex-1click-388.html
    Quote Quote  
  11. look at madVR OSD, it displays what the source filters reports to madVR, in this case it is 60p or in this case better to say 59Hz, because in drivers it is common to call the refresh rate 59Hz for videos which are 59.94p which is exactly 60/1.001

If you want to know anything, just ask, I think I spent way to much time on this topic
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    look at madVR OSD, it displays what the source filters reports to madVR, in this case it is 60p or in this case better to say 59Hz, because in drivers it is common to call the refresh rate 59Hz for videos which are 59.94p which is exactly 60/1.001

If you want to know anything, just ask, I think I spent way to much time on this topic
    Oh I was just asking about the supposed slow rendering speed and if I can do anything to correct it. An earlier comment said that it seemed too low. :P
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    look at madVR OSD, it displays what the source filters reports to madVR, in this case it is 60p or in this case better to say 59Hz, because in drivers it is common to call the refresh rate 59Hz for videos which are 59.94p which is exactly 60/1.001

OK here's one. I noticed that my default subtitles preference and style don't match when HDR playback is happening (the subtitles are larger and moved up the picture, like I guess the default MPC-BE way) where can I find to adjust that so that I can make them smaller and move them down a bit?

If you ask me, the subtitle rendering preferences are entirely ignored with HDR playback.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Can you post a screenshot of the subtitle and Mediainfo log so I know what kind of subtitles it is?
    Quote Quote  
  15. The timings depend on the selected scaler, try NGU very high and compare timings.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The timings depend on the selected scaler, try NGU very high and compare timings.
    You are right. I actually installed XySubFilter and messed around with the settings and ended up reverting to the internal decoder which appears to have synced the style between HDR and non HDR content, even if the subtitles are quite a bit brighter than non HDR content (primary color doesn't seem to hold for HDR rendered subtitles) it also matters if they are external or internal subtitles, with external ones rendering with your styling and position preferences and internal ones showing as default styling.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    pls ignore this post
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yes, I can confirm MPC-BE with internal filters can do the tonemapping so HDR looks OK on a SDR Monitor (not grey), but if you want to passthrough HDR metadata you need madVR with MPC-BE, MPC-HC, ...

Perhaps MPC Video Renderer will have the feature to passthrough the HDR metadata in the future, it's a very young Video Renderer programmed by former MPC-HC developers who have started MPC-BE when some things happening back in 2012.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I did everything that @hydra3333 post, but still the picture is so gray

Youtube shows more vivid colors, I have a nvidia gtx 1060 video card, ryzen 5 1600x CPU, and Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27" display it has DisplayHDR 400 not sure what it means, cable is Display port 1.4

I have latest K Lite Codec Pack, LAV Filters and madvr render

I also check with VLC Media Player, mpv and MPC-BE

hope someone can help me, thanks
    Quote Quote