VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Are there any guides out there that explain how the scene releasers do their DVD-R backups? I really like their end product and would love to use their techniques.
    -Esq.
    ESQ.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    sure, the Guide is HERE

hope it helps
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it sounds to me that he's just asking for technical advice , so he can do his own
    member since 1843
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ricky1756
    it sounds to me that he's just asking for technical advice , so he can do his own
    Hmmm borderline i'd say...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not even borderline, he's advocating warez.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Esquire
    I really like their end product and would love to use their techniques.
    -Esq.
    Hmm, yes, well I suppose.... (insert warning from Mod underneath...)
    Quote Quote  
  7. I don't want to start any kind of arguements here. I am in no way trying to defend the use or distribution of backup copies of movies over the Internet. That is what you are accussing me of. I just want to know if one of the hundreds of guides out there will give me similiar results. If I was to visit a 'release' website I'd find out that their releases are getting great votes in both audio and video aspects of there backups. Just because I want to borrow their genusis for myself, doesn't mean I condon what they are doing. Sorry I just felt I shoudl defend myself. And to be honest I would still like to find an answer to my original question if that doesn't offend anyone and if it does... oh well.
    -Esquire.

Sorry if I crossed any bad boundries. I tried to avoid getting in any trouble with the moderators and their rules but I guess I wasn't careful enough.
    ESQ.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    what do you like about them?

the high quality?, if so use DVD2DVDR/DVDRebuilder or something which uses CCE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Esquire
    If I was to visit a 'release' website I'd find out that their releases are getting great votes in both audio and video aspects of there backups.
    So, why don't you visit there and see if they possible have some templates or guides?

If I was interested in a Ford Bronco, I'd go to the Ford website, not a general car enthusiasts site. Go to the source first.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Wouldn't you think that a 4X4 forum would help with some questions too?
    ESQ.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Those guys (dvd scene) won't talk to noobs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to find out how a Ford Bronco (or scener) is built, Ford (or dvd scene) should be your first stop. The non-direct sites are for peripheral/add-on questions. Just like KVCD. The best place to get infi is kvcd.org (?), and then come here for supplementary info.

Even if "the scene" won't talk to noobs, the information might be there, as I mentioned in my last post.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Just a quick guess, rather than bashing you.

They all use CCE. Usually a stolen copy of CCE SP.

Now, do they ALSO use something else? Yeah, most likely DVD2DVDR, but that's slowly giving way to DVD Rebuilder.

And a whole bunch of manual editing with tools such as IFOEdit.

- Gurm
    Quote Quote