VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am using Avisynth to create a montage(main frame and three side frames) then i m encoding it to MOV file using QtOutput.
    All Works fine.

While Encoding weird issues arises.

The Issues are:
    > When I encode it from AvsPMod the frame count is different as what I get from Windows Media Player.
    > It all the time goes out of memory after certain frames of encoding(noted when Physical memory hits 3.41gb or greater m ark), I increased the memory of avs by using SetMemoryMax function still the same issue.

Avs Script:
    > Lineup.avs(check attachment)
    > I am using MOVs as Input, but in sample code I used ".wmv"
    > The List of input movs is huge(> 200 per shot(200 X 4(clips)) = 800(total clips)) and > 2000 frames.
    > Input Mov properties : codec : Avid DNxHD, quality = 100, colorspace = RGB or YUV
    > Plugin Used : GScript.dll and QtSource.dll
    > execute the avs for sample run

Info :
    > AvsPMod version = 2.5.1
    > AviSynth version = 2.6.0(Alpha)
    > QtSource version = Latest
    > GScript version = 1.1
    > WMP version = Ships with Windows 7

Need to resolve these issue. Kindly Help Me Out.

Thanks in advance

----------------

Anurag (Day Dreamer)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. IIRC 32bit avisynth is limited to 2GB per instance. So SetMemoryMax(9999) is invalid, so you need to reduce it, not increase it

I suspect the memory issues are related to gscript , but you might try a different source filter for QTInput() in case that version has a memory leak (e.g ffms2 as alternative)

The frame count can be different for WMP, because WMP is directshow based (not necessarily frame accurate)

EDIT: hilarious. Even the author suggests staying away from quicktime
    http://www.tateu.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55
    Quote Quote  
  3. Solutions Status :
    > Memory : Tried lowering the Memory from 9999 MB to 32 MB still not working.> Gscript : how can i check for the memory leaks for Gscript. The hardest way is to write the code solely in avisynth ie. with ternary statement and recursion. Is there is any other way ??
    > Ffms2 : getting few errors, still trying to get rid of them, then only i can incorporate it into main script and test.

@ Frame Rate in WMP : frame is fine in WMP but it goes out of memory, issue is with when I encode from AvsPModframe rate goes out of control, video plays really fast.

Any Solutions ??

Thanks
    Last edited by DayDreamer3d; 28th Oct 2013 at 01:30. Reason: Formatting
    Quote Quote  
  4. > Ffms2 : is working better than QTInput but still its going out of memory..
    > WMP : is unable to encode it at all, because of memory issues.
    > AvsPMod : is good able to encode but again frame rate goes for a toss, final MOv shows 24 fps but its playback speed is very high.

Is there any way to do a batch encoding in AviSynth ??
    Quote Quote  
  5. Any One who can shed some light in this matter.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    I suspect the memory issues are related to gscript , but you might try a different source filter for QTInput() in case that version has a memory leak (e.g ffms2 as alternative)
    I'd be very surprised if GScript was the culprit.
    (How could you say such a thing, pdr? )

Using 800 source filters in a single script is certainly going to use a lot of memory.
    Are all the clips in separate files?

Note SetMemoryMax() sets the limit only for the Avisynth cache.
    Generally, you want to set it as low as possible, to free more memory for the filters and other processing.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DayDreamer3d View Post
    Tried lowering the Memory from 9999 MB to 32 MB still not working.
    32 MB is ridiculously low. Try something like 500 or 1000.
    Quote Quote  
  8. normally I go with 512, 768 or 1024.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks guys for the replies.

> Memory Set to 1024, still its the same,
    so I have to find a work around, what I actually done is to use less filters per script and multi-thread the whole process.

Whis works just fine.

and using WMPclassic for encoding.
    Quote Quote