VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. We've been using DVDShrink hooked up to Nero 6.6.0.8 to copy DVD 5's without a hitch.

With our first try to copy a dual layer video DVD to a DVD-R9 writable medium, we got an "unsuccessful burn" message at the end of the full process.

We did specify in DVDSHrink that we were using dual layer so that no compression was required. DVDShrink's evaluation was a little less than 8GB to copy. The DVD to hard disk appeared to work fine and the hard disk to blank DVD-R9 also. It's at the end of the latter that we got the message without any additional explanation.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I can't offer any help regarding Nero 6, but I can recommend burning DL with DVD Decrypter. It worked like a charm for me.

I'd just prep an ISO w/ Shrink & burn with Decrypter.
    If God had intended us not to masturbate he would've made our arms shorter.
    George Carlin
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    PLEASE post dvd to dvdr in the dvd to dvdr forum! Moving you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sonic Recordnow does a better job with DL than Nero...

see this (looong) thread https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1283872&highlight=recordnow#1283872
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Shocker Milwaukee
    I can't offer any help regarding Nero 6, but I can recommend burning DL with DVD Decrypter. It worked like a charm for me.

I'd just prep an ISO w/ Shrink & burn with Decrypter.
    9/9 so far. Also, try updating to Nero 6.6.0.12
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. D/L very easy with DVD Decrypter ISO read / ISO write
    only burned two dvds this way but worked like a charm. 8)
    NEC ND3500A/G
    Unproper and proud of it
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks for the tips. We'll try DVD Decrypter then.

We're using a NEC 3500 AG with 2.16 firmware. Would this be a problem for burning DVD9's? In view of the wide choice of firmware upgrades is there one you would recommend and which would not get us into any trouble with the warranty in case the medium fails some time in the near future?
    Quote Quote  
  9. When you rip and copy D/L with DVD Decrypter, must you use ISO mode?

If you involve DVDShrink after you've ripped to hard disk, DVDShrink doesn't appear to handle ISO files. Or am I mistaken?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dvdshrink handles iso files,just open dvdshrink and choose file/open disc image.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Use the right program for the right purpose. There is no need to use DVD Shrink for dual layer, just read/write with DVD Decrypter. Get the latest version, though, or we shall smite thee.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Gurm
    Use the right program for the right purpose. There is no need to use DVD Shrink for dual layer, just read/write with DVD Decrypter. Get the latest version, though, or we shall smite thee.
    I was thinking the same thing - if you got a dual layer DVD and want to burn to a dual layer DVDR, there's no need for DVDShrink. DVDDecrypter ISO Read / ISO Write is all you need.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    However, if you do want to change anything using Shrink, use the file menu to open ISO. There is no button for it.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote