VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to process a bunch files all the same way.... Both in resolution and aspect ratio. I know that the one click encoder option in MeGUI allows you to process an entire folder. But when I pick the folder option it will not remember the aspect ratio I chose manually, but rather takes it from each file it is processing. However this is wrong I want it to use the one I set at the start of the project. But how do I do this?

If I choose to process each file individually it does 'remember' the aspect ratio I chose. Which in this case defeats the usefulness of the one click option.

Is there any way to get MeGUI to retain the aspect ratio sitting as a whole as part of the project it self?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ZenMystic View Post
    I want to process a bunch files all the same way.... Both in resolution and aspect ratio. I know that the one click encoder option in MeGUI allows you to process an entire folder. But when I pick the folder option it will not remember the aspect ratio I chose manually, but rather takes it from each file it is processing. However this is wrong I want it to use the one I set at the start of the project. But how do I do this?

If I choose to process each file individually it does 'remember' the aspect ratio I chose. Which in this case defeats the usefulness of the one click option.

Is there any way to get MeGUI to retain the aspect ratio sitting as a whole as part of the project it self?

Thanks
    Yes use advanced mode in one click encoder and at the bottom you'll see scratch pad being selected as the default profile!
    click edit in that you can set up permanent settings for audio video whatever everything will be there and at the end do not forget to click save!
    That's it!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ZenMystic View Post
    I want to process a bunch files all the same way.... Both in resolution and aspect ratio. I know that the one click encoder option in MeGUI allows you to process an entire folder. But when I pick the folder option it will not remember the aspect ratio I chose manually, but rather takes it from each file it is processing. However this is wrong I want it to use the one I set at the start of the project. But how do I do this?

Thanks
    Do not use megui. Use Hybrid.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't use the OneClick encoder but I couldn't work out how to save the aspect ratio as part of a OneClick profile. It makes sense, as it stops you from incorrectly setting the same aspect ratio for a batch of files with different aspect ratios. OneClick is supposed to do that sort of thing for you.

I'm not sure there'd be a way to force the same Input aspect ratio for all files, but you could force the same output aspect ratio, which is effectively the same thing. That's assuming each file would require the same cropping and/or resizing. If so, you could create an Avisynth profile with your specified cropping and resizing and save it as part of your OneClick profile. With OneClick's auto cropping and resizing disabled, I think that should ensure the same output each time.
    If you want an anamorphic output you could probably set the -sar in the x264 encoder configuration and save the x264 preset as part of the OneClick profile.
    Quote Quote