VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, I'm new to this forum so greetings to all. I'm downloading some videos from a stream but after downloading when I'm planning them only black screen with no audio is appearing. Can anyone tell me what's going on? One thing is that these streams are stored on cloudfront platform
    Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Video is downloadable from the link but not playing in vlc
    Quote Quote  
  3. MediaInfo ---> info file: video encrypted

[Attachment 54197 - Click to enlarge]

so, if you post here link to video, maybe some angels try to give you correct download string...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    MediaInfo ---> info file: video encrypted

[Attachment 54197 - Click to enlarge]

so, if you post here link to video, maybe some angels try to give you correct download string...
    First of all thank you for your time and expanation. These are the stream my teacher sends us through his personal website link as due to COVID19 situation we can't go to college and have to study from home. But I was trying to download as I'm limited to bandwidth 100 GB per month and have to share with my family members. So I was trying to download as if I want to watch them for second or third time to revise the concept I don't have to waste bandwidth (It's limited for me) So can anyone tell me to watch them offline? Is there any way?
    Quote Quote  
  5. no. encrypted video you can download it, but don't play it. only server, at the time of playback, it provides a decryption key.
    for this reason i asked you for the link.
    only way (for your side) is capture screen at playback.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vhlp View Post
    These are the stream my teacher sends us through his personal website link as due to COVID19 situation we can't go to college and have to study from home. But I was trying to download as I'm limited to bandwidth 100 GB per month and have to share with my family members. So I was trying to download as if I want to watch them for second or third time to revise the concept I don't have to waste bandwidth (It's limited for me) So can anyone tell me to watch them offline? Is there any way?
    The link that you posted uses vdocipher.

Sometimes vdocipher content also has a mobile version available that does not use drm.

Try using a mobile user agent, or post a playable embed link to the video.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ask the instructor for a direct download link. If he/she decides it's important that you be able to review the video offline, he/she would likely provide it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    These are the stream my teacher sends us through his personal website link as due to COVID19 situation we can't go to college and have to study from home. But I was trying to download as I'm limited to bandwidth 100 GB per month and have to share with my family members. So I was trying to download as if I want to watch them for second or third time to revise the concept I don't have to waste bandwidth (It's limited for me) So can anyone tell me to watch them offline? Is there any way?
    The link that you posted uses vdocipher.

Sometimes vdocipher content also has a mobile version available that does not use drm.

Try using a mobile user agent, or post a playable embed link to the video.
    Can you please elaborate me some more on vdocipher mobile agent? As when I open this weblink on Android device it opens only on Zen player app not on any smartphone browser
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Ask the instructor for a direct download link. If he/she decides it's important that you be able to review the video offline, he/she would likely provide it.
    Sorry man I've already asked him for that but he used to say that it is the direct link which he has given to us. Only once he said to me that if I want to download videos than I'll have to pay his server running cost as he knows definitely that no one of his students gonna pay his website maintaining cost. What a man he is. LoL
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no. encrypted video you can download it, but don't play it. only server, at the time of playback, it provides a decryption key.
    for this reason i asked you for the link.
    only way (for your side) is capture screen at playback.
    Screen capture is automatically get disabled during video playback. And for the link I'll post it to you as soon as he starts a live class on and sends me link through email. Should I post it to you via PM?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Screen capture is automatically get disabled during video playback
    not possible. recoder screen it is independent. you can record your empty windows screen, with one or more folder open, with or without browser open or not. screen recorder record all.
    try CamStudio https://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/ it's free, fast and bery simply to use
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Screen capture is automatically get disabled during video playback
    not possible. recoder screen it is independent. you can record your empty windows screen, with one or more folder open, with or without browser open or not. screen recorder record all.
    try CamStudio https://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/ it's free, fast and bery simply to use
    Extremely sorry for not telling that I was recording my smartphone screen and as I've posted above that on smartphone they use an application called Zen player which disables screen recording. Ok I'll try camstudio on my PC. Mainly I open the link on smartphone as it comes to my inbox and I open it by tapping and directly it hops from browser to that Zen player
    Quote Quote  
  13. simply open url on pc browser and use camstudio (don't use your smartphone!)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Can you please elaborate me some more on vdocipher mobile agent? As when I open this weblink on Android device it opens only on Zen player app not on any smartphone browser
    Read through this entire thread.

And for the link I'll post it to you as soon as he starts a live class on and sends me link through email.
    Downloading may be more problematic for a live stream. Unless, after the live stream is over, the content is archived and still remains playable.

Mainly I open the link on smartphone
    If the link does not expire, a playable link would be useful in order to determine if a drm-free version of the video is available, as explained in the thread referenced at the top of this reply.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got some more information on the link by inspecting page info section

HTML Code:
    </style>
    <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/bootstrap-3-typeahead/4.0.1/bootstrap3-typeahead.min.js"></script>

<script src="https://player.vimeo.com/api/player.js"></script>
    <div class="container-fluid" style="background: #FAFAFA;margin-top: 5px;">
        <div class="container col-12 col-md-12 breadcrumbdiv">
            <a href="/"> Home</a>
            <a href="/courses"><i class="fa fa-angle-right"> </i> Courses</a>
            <a href="/course/20/c/c++-programming"><i class="fa fa-angle-right"> </i> C/C++ Programming Complete Fundamental</a>
            <a href="/lecture/20/c/c++-programming/593/introduction-to-structures/21/structuresfiles-miscellaneous"><i class="fa fa-angle-right"> </i> Introduction to Structures</a>
             <div class="pull-right col-3 d-none d-sm-block"><input class="typeahead form-control" type="text" placeholder="Search Videos"></div> 
        </div>
    </div>

<div class="container mb-4">
        <div class="row">
            <div class="col-12 col-md-10 col- mb-5">
                <h1 style="font-size:36px;" class="mt-3 mb-2">Introduction to Structures</h1>
                <span style="font-size:18px;"><b>Instructor:</b> Lalbahadur Ghosh</span>
                <span style="font-size:18px;" class="ml-3"><b>Duration:</b> 31 mins </span>
                <span style="font-size:18px;" class="ml-3"><button class="btn btn-sm btn-outline-dark fullscreen-btn" style=""  onclick="viewfullscreen()"><i class="fa fa-fullscreen"></i>Full Screen</button></span>

</div>
            <div class="col-12 col-md-2 mt-3">

<button class="btn  theme-bg btn-sm col-12 text-white" onclick="completeLecture(593)" style="font-size:14px;font-weight:501;height:50px;">COMPLETE</button>

</div>

</div>
        <div class="row">

<div class="col-12 col-md-8 p-0" style="box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.16),0 2px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12) !important;border-radius: 4px;">            
                    <div class="col-12 col-md-12 lecture-video-iframe-div my-2" id="video-content" style="margin:auto;">                    
                        <button id="close-button" class="btn btn-danger" onclick="closeFullScreen()">Close</button>

<div id="embedBox" style="width:1280px;max-width:100%;height:auto; min-height: 400px;"></div>
    <script>
      (function(v,i,d,e,o){v[o]=v[o]||{}; v[o].add = v[o].add || function V(a){ (v[o].d=v[o].d||[]).push(a);};
    if(!v[o].l) { v[o].l=1*new Date(); a=i.createElement(d), m=i.getElementsByTagName(d)[0];
    a.async=1; a.src=e; m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m);}
    })(window,document,"script","https://cdn-gce.vdocipher.com/playerAssets/1.6.10/vdo.js","vdo");
    vdo.add({
      otp: "20160313versASE3239ph1KUPjqyyXS2krfoamna3J2bwzGdP4GslGnkxEM9WRy2",
      playbackInfo: "eyJ2aWRlb0lkIjoiOWFhNjY1NmQ4OWU2NDJhZDljNDA0MTAxM2IzMmU1NTgifQ==",
      plugins: [{
        name: 'keyboard',
        options: {
          preset: 'default'
        }
      }],
      theme: "9ae8bbe8dd964ddc9bdb932cca1cb59a",
      container: document.querySelector( "#embedBox" ),
    });

function getVideoPlayedTime(){
        if(vdo.getObjects()){
            var videos = vdo.getObjects();
            var video = videos[videos.length - 1];
            console.log(video.totalPlayed);

var activityTime = video.totalPlayed;
            // Ajax call to update time with give insertedActivityId
            $.ajax({
                url: '/ajaxcustomer/updatecustomeractivitybyid',
                method: 'post',
                data: {'insertId':264257, 'ativityTime':activityTime},
                success: function (data) {
                    return true;
                }
            });

setTimeout(function(){ getVideoPlayedTime(); }, 30000); 
        }    
      }
      setTimeout(function(){ getVideoPlayedTime(); }, 30000);

</script>

May be some one of you guys can understand anything from it
    Last edited by vhlp; 21st Jul 2020 at 07:00. Reason: got something to edit
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    simply open url on pc browser and use camstudio (don't use your smartphone!)
    Thanks as this time I was able to get the video by recording but no audio
    Quote Quote  
  17. from option (by default) record audio isn't available (see image)
    click to enable

[Attachment 54217 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    I got some more information on the link by inspecting page info section

otp: "20160313versASE3239ph1KUPjqyyXS2krfoamna3J2bwzGdP 4GslGnkxEM9WRy2",

May be some one of you guys can understand anything from it
    The otp code will work, as explained in the other thread.

However, it was expired by the time I read your message. If you get a fresh otp, it will work as explained in the other thread.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    please check inbox
    Last edited by Luwo; 31st Oct 2020 at 06:40.
    Quote Quote