VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there anyway to get an "flag" for anamorphic picture on (S)VCD. So that the tv will get that signal to set the right AR-mode. (Signal is on pin 8 in a scart if I remember correctly).
    Hope you know what I mean.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that would be a good app for some one to write if it doesnt exsist - to change the AR on any mpeg2 in the header with out re-encoding ..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hmm... or if it's possible during encoding, the important thing is if it's working/supported in any way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    during encoding its set by almost any mpeg encoder -- also with dvd's it can be set by some authoring programs as well
    Quote Quote  
  5. How do i set TMPGEnc to do this when encoding a 2.35:1 or 16:9 movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    its the relationship between ''source aspect ratio" and "aspect ratio" and "video arrage method" all found in settings .. for 16:9 (all versions of it from 1.77, 1.85 , on up to 2.11) use 16:9 in aspect ratio setting on output .. and adjsut other two as nessessary or letterbox if you wish using "clip frame" and "video arrage..."

"aspect ratio" is what sets the flag in the mpeg2 file ..

"source aspect ratio" determines the aspect ratio of the pixels (which can be manipulated to all sorts of ratios but generally .9:1 is what you would be using though its not marked that way - other programs can change this pixel ratio also before encoding).

"video arrage..." determines the placment of the image in either full screen or letterboxed or something inbetween ..

this is a simplified explanation...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok thanx. So I guess this isn't working for VCD Mpeg1.
    Quote Quote