VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I produce movies as 720x480 avi files for TV shows.

Then I encode the movie to mpg2 using Adobe Media Encoder using MainConcept MPeg Video Codec into 720x480, 29.97 with highest quality video.

I upload the mpeg video to Google Video, but the Google video quality is terrible!

Please see:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6007179721460914392

I'd appreciate all inputs to improve the video quality.

Thanks in advance!

--B11
    Quote Quote  
  2. try encoding to h264 mp4 w/ aac audio. make the bitrate fairly high 5-10mbps 2 pass variable. see if that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Whatever you upload, Google video will resize it to 320x240. Use the "original size" option to see the small frame. That explains the low resolution. I don't think there's any way around the downscaling they do.

Your opening credits have lots of macroblock artifacts because there is too much motion. That exploding star/plasma field will not compress well at the low bitrates Google uses. Aside from the low resolution, the rest of the video looked fairly good (what I saw anyway). You used static backgrounds, a tripod, smooth pans, all things that compress well.

The video looked to me like it had been drop-field deinterlaced. I don't know if you did this or Google did it when it resized. If you can shoot progressive video there will be less jaggy artifacts on sharp, nearly horizontal edges.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use YouTube instead, they now have "Watch in High Quality" and "Watch in HD".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    they'll all follow suit...nobody wants to be left behind
    Quote Quote