VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi people like I told here time ago I lost several Bluray movies from my collection that I bought on different sites but before that and using MakeMKV I make a backup on MKV format from the most, just in case.

There are various movies that contains Cinavia like The Equalizer that I like and need to remove Cinavia, because I dont have the disc anymore and I need to watch that MKV with my external disc

I tried with CineX hd but I dont know why dont remove Cinavia even tried Soundtouch 2 and sodar I know Cinex is no more available, I tried with DVDfab but I dont know how to use it I follow some guides but Dvdfab dont notice my there is Cinavia when there is it.

So, if you just could help me with this? I really need to eliminate Cinavia from those MKVs

Thank you in advance!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Just play the video in Media Player Classic Home Cinema. It doesn't recognize Cinavia and it's never triggered.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
    Just play the video in Media Player Classic Home Cinema. It doesn't recognize Cinavia and it's never triggered.
    Thank you SaurusX but heree at home we watch movies from the external disc connected to USB from TV led
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BlurayHD View Post
    Hi people like I told here time ago I lost several Bluray movies from my collection that I bought on different sites but before that and using MakeMKV I make a backup on MKV format from the most, just in case.

There are various movies that contains Cinavia like The Equalizer that I like and need to remove Cinavia, because I dont have the disc anymore and I need to watch that MKV with my external disc

I tried with CineX hd but I dont know why dont remove Cinavia even tried Soundtouch 2 and sodar I know Cinex is no more available, I tried with DVDfab but I dont know how to use it I follow some guides but Dvdfab dont notice my there is Cinavia when there is it.

So, if you just could help me with this? I really need to eliminate Cinavia from those MKVs

Thank you in advance!!
    the dvdfab cinavia removal tool has a list you can check of dvds, blu-rays & UHD discs that have cinavia
    the titles that are highlighted in green are the ones that have been repaired - http://blog.dvdfab.cn/cinavia-protection.html
    and there are guides on how to remove the cinavia protection from your DVD & Blu-Ray collection - https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/remove-cinavia-on-blu-ray.htm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    As far as I know Cinavia can only be removed during the ripping process from the original disc connected to one of the paid servers, Since you lost the disc and the ripped copy you have did not take care of Cinavia during the ripping process you are out of luck. I hope I'm wrong though.
    Alternatively, look for a sound track that don't have Cinavia and mux it to the file you have, Your TV should play files, I'm not sure how are you playing external disc images from a flash drive, never heard of a TV that does that, I would like to know what brand and model your TV is?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Op said he made a back up of his discs in mkv format,as to playing them on a media based tv player i haven't heard of one yet that has cinavia detection built into it,would add way too much cost to the tv i believe.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I know, who ever made the rip to mkv should have done the Cinavia removal from the original disc, this is what I use to read in the former slysoft forum, I no longer rip discs I just watch 4K streaming, it has been a while, so don't know what has been going on ever since.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    i haven't heard of one yet that has cinavia detection built into it...
    Taking into account the date that this https://www.myce.com/news/cinavia-copy-protection-now-also-in-mobile-phones-tvs-and-more-69591/ was written, I would not be surprised if there were tv's now with Cinavia protection.

Anyways, a workaround for this problem would be to buy a mediaplayer without Cinavia.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    i haven't heard of one yet that has cinavia detection built into it...
    Taking into account the date that this https://www.myce.com/news/cinavia-copy-protection-now-also-in-mobile-phones-tvs-and-more-69591/ was written, I would not be surprised if there were tv's now with Cinavia protection.

Anyways, a workaround for this problem would be to buy a mediaplayer without Cinavia.
    Just because Cinavia detection is available for TVs doesn't mean TV manufacturers will choose to use it. As already stated, it would add to the cost of the TV and TVs should not be subject to the BDA's requirement to have it to obtain BDA licensing, as is the case for stand-alone hardware Blu-ray players, game consoles and BDA-licensed Blu-ray player software.

Unless the TV is putting up a message reporting the presence of Cinavia, there is the possibility that something else is wrong.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    ...there is the possibility that something else is wrong.
    I agree. Then, as SaurusX said, playing the infected mkv in Media Player Classic Home Cinema would be a way for OP to check.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BlurayHD View Post
    Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
    Thank you SaurusX but heree at home we watch movies from the external disc connected to USB from TV led
    what happens when you try watching the MKV ?? does the audio cut out (cinavia protection) or does the movie display
    something else ??
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    ...there is the possibility that something else is wrong.
    I agree. Then, as SaurusX said, playing the infected mkv in Media Player Classic Home Cinema would be a way for OP to check.
    Not necessarily, if this is a decoder-related problem. Media Player Classic Home Cinema can play audio and video formats that a TV's built-in media player isn't likely to play, for example DTS audio (using LAV filters).
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    I own DVDFab All-In-One (lifetime), DVDFab Downloader (lifetime) and DVDFab Toolkit (Lifetime), and use them quite often.
    DVDFab seems to remove Cinavia very well ... IF they happen to have the audio track for the DVD/BD you are working with.

But as far as I can tell, DVDFab needs the original DVD/BD disc to replace the Cinavia audio track.

I also purchased CinEX HD (lifetime), but when I tell it remove Cinavia from an MKV or MP4, the audio gets out of sync with the video by the end of the movie.

I have a newer LG TV and have watched a few MKV/MP4 movies from a USB flash drive, but at the time I didn't notice if they had Cinavia. I also have an older Sony TV with a USB port, but it has no idea what to do with MKV/MP4 files.

Since I have have a bunch of videos (some with Cinavia) on a 2TB USB disk, I watch them through my Roku Ultimate streaming player's USB port. I have watched a lot of MKV's and MP4's without any problems. I only paid $49 for the Roku during the last Thanksgiving Black Friday sale at Best Buy, but I think it is a great deal at even $89 or $99. It even has over 100 pre-loaded "channels" with (probably) thousands of videos to watch (for free), but I usually end up using it to watch my own movies. (Needless to say, I threw away my Amazon Firestick.)

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote