VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by -Habanero- View Post
    That should tell you that people could care less for hardware compliance. Nobody watches TV anymore...
    Hardware compliance does matter to many people because it is the traditional PC that is becoming passé as a video entertainment device at home. Dedicated hardware media players, streaming media players and tablets are a more popular option now, and people use them to watch video on their 55-inch TV.

If you think nobody buys TVs anymore, or watches TV, then you clearly don't know enough people.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What, nobody can hook up their 55-inch TV monitor to their PC and press play? Get real.

If you think nobody buys TVs anymore, or watches TV, then you clearly don't know enough people.
    And I'm glad I don't. I don't consort with idiots.

But anyway, I have found a suitable formula to properly detect duplicate patterns, the Microsoft experts were great:
    Code:
    =IF(OR(AND(A2<$F$1*A1,A3<$F$1*A4),AND(A3<$F$1*A2,A3<$F$1*A4),AND(A3<$F$1*A2,A4<$F$1*A5)),0,A3)
    Pasted on the row of the third dup value and copied down while the variable is in cell F1 which controls how many times less the bottom value must be than the surrounding spikes to be nullified as a duplicate. If twice as less, value of 0.5 should be in F1.

The problem of non-duplicates being removed in scenes where a half-fps object runs in a full-fps background remains.
    Sadly, I see little value this will have for videophiles as they'll consider it too destructive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by -Habanero- View Post
    What, nobody can hook up their 55-inch TV monitor to their PC and press play? Get real.
    Just waiting for the usual suspects to bring up the "old granny" argument.

But the smasher is the argument that some people only can operate DVD players and that BD players are just too complicated.

Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    There's no denying you can be funny.

Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Is this a polemic against the invisible man?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    There's no denying you can be funny.
    Perhaps I missed my calling!

Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by newpball View Post
    Perhaps I missed my calling!
    You wanted to spend your life stalking Jerry Seinfeld?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by newpball View Post

But the smasher is the argument that some people only can operate DVD players and that BD players are just too complicated.

If you're complicated enough to find, download and playback videos from the internet, you're complicated enough to hook your PC to your big TV screen without needing to go thru the much more hassling trouble of burning to a DVD or Blu-ray to be able to do so. And since most content on the internet isn't even compliant with that requirement, you would have to re-encode it and this somehow is the much-too-complicated part.

So can we shut the hell up with that retarded hardware-compliance argument? It wouldn't bother me so much if so many people who are otherwise intelligent didn't continue invoking it.
    On Doom9 in 2006 a common conversation went something like this: MKV is awesome MKV is awesome use MKV, way better than MP4, MKV is the way of the future, dawg! Put even Xvid in it! Players will support it some day. H264 in AVI? HELL NAW NIGGA, that shit aint hardware compliant!

And look here, a useful, important senior member like Cornucopia making this same argument. You people I'll never be able to figure out.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Does anyone know what the last two group of numbers encased in brackets means?

frm 220: diff from frm 221 = 0.9587% at (224,256)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by coolgit View Post
    Does anyone know what the last two group of numbers encased in brackets means?

frm 220: diff from frm 221 = 0.9587% at (224,256)
    x,y coordinates
    Quote Quote  
  10. DeDup compares 32x32 blocks within the frames. The diff value reported is for the block with the biggest difference. The numbers in parenthesis are the X,Y location of that block.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    DeDup compares 32x32 blocks within the frames.
    Is that random block anywhere within the frames or does the whole frame get analyse block by block?

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    The numbers in parenthesis are the X,Y location of that block.
    This is useful because??
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by coolgit View Post
    DeDup compares 32x32 blocks within the frames.
    Is that random block anywhere within the frames or does the whole frame get analyse block by block?
    The whole frame is compared block by block.

Originally Posted by coolgit View Post
    The numbers in parenthesis are the X,Y location of that block.
    This is useful because??
    It's probably not useful in most cases. But I could imagine one might want to see where in the frame the differences are on occasion. For example, if a video has flickering analog closed caption data at the top of the frame they may cause duplicate frames to show up as non-duplicates. Knowing the CC data is the cause of the changes you might want to crop them away.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Ok thanks. This thread can go back to being "old thread warning" state
    Quote Quote