VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

i am trying to cut some .ts HEVC video with VideoReDo 6 and it takes so long. It looks like its cutting "in real time", 4 hours long video takes 4 hours to be finnished. Am i doing somehing wrong and is it any better software to do it? Video must stay in .ts HEVC and qualitty stay "untouched".
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not sure what speed you expect.
    - HEVC encoding is basically rather slow / CPU demanding.
    - If you do many edits even the 'smart rendering' of VideoReDo won't help much as more or less the entire video has to be re-encoded.
    That's just my best guessing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Not sure what speed you expect.
    Well, is it normal that if you are cutting 4 hours long video it takes 4 HOURS to finish?? Just cutting begining and the end of the video, nothing else. I have never experienced this in ANY video format, usually this takes less then 10 sec...

btw. TsSplitter do the same job in 10sec, but problem with TsSplitter that is screws first few frames so you get green picture on beginning, VideoRedo cuts fine but it takes unacceptable more time...
    Last edited by mondzg; 20th Dec 2021 at 11:45.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by mondzg View Post
    Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
    Not sure what speed you expect.
    Well, is it normal that if you are cutting 4 hours long video it takes 4 HOURS to finish?? Just cutting begining and the end of the video, nothing else. I have never experienced this in ANY video format, usually this takes less then 10 sec...
    If it's really just cutting beginning and end and nothing else, yes, it appears too long unless there is a re-encoding taking place under the hood for some reason (for standards compliance or whatever).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Apparently the program supports smart rendering of HEVC. From their web site:

Just cut to the good parts with these great NEW features!
    MPEG2, H.264 / AVCHD, and H.265 / HEVC editing.
    TVSuite Version 6 edits your MPEG2, AVC and HEVC files fast with our newly re-written smart edit engine. Smart edit recodes just a few frames at each cut point and retains all the original quality of your videos.
    Did you enable smart rendering for HEVC? 4 hours to smart process a 4 hour video with just head and tail cut is way too slow, it may be rerendering the entire video. If smart rendering is already enabled, just for a comparison, try disabling smart rendering and see how fast it renders in software.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, i was playing a lot with properties but i dont see ANY difference. I just dont get it...
    Quote Quote