VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by c627627 View Post
    Windows 7 Updates remain a big, huge problem. Microsoft certainly does not mind that many Windows 7 users are "forced" to switch to Windows 10 because they don't know how to fix Windows 7 update. You can install Win 7 monthly security updates manually like this:

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=2018-01%20security%20monthly%20windows%207
    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=2018-02%20security%20monthly%20windows%207
    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=2018-03%20security%20monthly%20windows%207

But remember, you will no longer be able to use TMT if you do.

You can uninstall Windows updates from Windows Update\View update history
    or maybe from
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features then View Installed Updates
    I checked on the Nvidia laptops and actually you cannot uninstall SMQRs using these 2 methods because the SMQRs are hidden from the uninstall window.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Control Panel, and then select Security. Under Windows Update, select View installed updates, and then select from the list of updates.

It should not be hidden if it is installed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry but there is no Security under Control Panel in Windows 7 Ultimate.
    Please see the picture attached.
    ThanksImage
    [Attachment 44957 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please see the "Review your update history" list and the "Uninstall updates" list.
    When you compare you will see that the Security Monthly Quality Rollups are in the "Review your update history" list but are not in the "Uninstall updates" list.
    So I cannot uninstall the Security Monthly Quality Rollup because the SMQR are not in the "Uninstall updates" list.Image
    [Attachment 44959 - Click to enlarge]
    [Attachment 44960 - Click to enlarge]

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When I did a search for the first KB number on your list, KB4088875, this is what I found:
    March 13, 2018—KB4088875 (Monthly Rollup). So even though it did not say "Monthly Rollup" - it is a monthly rollup.

That means you have to find February and January rollups and uninstall them in order to get Arcsoft to hopefully work again.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I uninstalled KB4088875.
    Then I identified by "KB...." number another Monthly Rollup.
    It is curious they have a different name in the 2 lists just the KB.... number is the same.
    When I uninstalled the second roll up it was reported unsuccessful by windows.
    But the second roll up even it was unsuccessful uninstalled, disappeared from the "Uninstall Updates" list.
    I could not identify any other roll up in the Uninstall Updates list after that.
    I checked the TMT and it was still broken.
    I also tried 1 week ago the, the Restore Windows to a previous point of time.
    I got a blue screen and I had to undo the restoration.
    So I was left out of choice and I re-installed Windows on one of the Nvidia Laptops.
    I installed the updates until December 2017 and then I put Windows Update to OFF.
    It seems this was the only method for me to get rid of the nasty updates.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I was able to restore operation of TMT 6.7.xx after applying updates. Even though I have a list of crap updates that I never install to systems the update session applied at this particualar known date and time did in fact break TMT 6 all to hell. The Fix was that I had to UN-Install via REVO and the Windows uninstaller ALL updates that were applied on the target date and POST target date. All those before were left alone. It took a couple of reboots to get everything cleaned out but its now working as it was.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thghgv View Post
    I was able to restore operation of TMT 6.7.xx after applying updates. [...]
    The Fix was that I had to UN-Install via REVO and the Windows uninstaller ALL updates that were applied on the target date and POST target date. All those before were left alone. It took a couple of reboots to get everything cleaned out but its now working as it was.
    Okay, wait, this is important. The starting premise is that Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre only works if you do *not* apply any updates _after_ December 2017. In other words, no 2018 or later updates.

So when you say after applying updates, what is the LATEST Windows update you applied, what month and year?
    And you are saying you had to first remove all old updates?
    Last edited by c627627; 1st Sep 2019 at 22:58.
    Quote Quote