VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Howdy,
    New to the forum, having a critical problem need to solve:

I have 2 .mp4 video files with exact same size.
    They are also same video.
    But one its video has better quality.
    Another its audio has better quality.

What I need is a tool to extract audio and video parts (just extract and NOT convert)
    And then it can join audio and video together also without encoding.
    Quality must be intact.
    Please help me by introducing a software I can use for this purpose.
    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If Video1.mp4 contains the video and Video2.mp4 contains the audio you can use FFMpeg:

FFMpeg -i Video1.mp4 -i Video2.mp4 -map 0:v -map 1:a -codec:a copy -codec:v copy Destination.mp4

If you're no good in command lines you could use a GUI like FFQueue
    I'm the developer behind FFQueue. My posts might reflect this! ;-)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Or you could 'demux' both files using this freeware: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/My-MP4Box-GUI and then 'mux' the video and audio tracks of your choice tomake a new mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  4. My MP4BoxGUI - in case you want a MP4 container. Demux and re-mux the elementary streams. (h264/AAC ?)
    MKVMergeGUI - in case you want a MKV container.
    tsMuxerGUI - in case you want .ts or .M2TS

Or combinations of the above.
    Last edited by videobruger; 5th Jan 2015 at 10:23. Reason: spelling
    Quote Quote  
  5. FFQueue had critical bugs on my system or with my files, so forget it.
    But thanks, My MP4BoxGUI was great.
    I was able to demux video (h264) and audio (aac) from original .mp4 and then mux back audio and video.
    But software has bugs: I have 2 videos, one is 1080 and one is 720.
    1080 its video is slow motion!
    720 video and audio are not sync.
    It has some bugs.
    Is there any better application to work well with mp4 files?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Are you targeting MP4?
    Are the video/audio in sync to start with?

Try using tsMuxerGUI to mux to .ts and use that as input to MyMP4BxGUI.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What problems did you had with ffqueue?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Heyyy thank you videoburger.
    tsMuxerGUI to ts and MyMP4BxGUI to mp4 solved the muxing problem.

There was a problem in my own audio/video files, about half second different between audio and video so they're not sync.
    Any suggestion? Can I cut 1st half seconds of aac and re-export it (without encoding) so I use that audio file?
    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  9. My bad, files are OK. When I use tsMuxerGUI to save as ts they're fine.
    When I convert from ts to mp4 sync is lost about half seconds.
    Any suggestion?
    Quote Quote  

10. Here's the bug of ffqueue
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	2927
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	29510  

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That sure does look rediculess - never seen that before! What output do you get if you execute the command:

ffprobe.exe -pretty -show_format -print_format default -show_streams -i "D:\Niloofar\Niloofar_HD.h264"

In the console? Would be nice to know if this can be fixed in ffqueue or if this is related to a failure in ff-binaries
    Quote Quote  
  12. When I convert from ts to mp4 sync is lost about half seconds.
    ?

But perhaps try using AviDemux to mux from .ts to .MP4
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks, AVI Demux can't open h264 files to mux them with its aac audio.
    Quote Quote  
  14. TorBru, I'm also a developer, however, the above snapshot occurs when I just open program, Input file #1, select my file D:\Niloofar_HD.h264
    So when I get into such trouble, I completely disregard the software.
    I was not using console and have no idea about that.
    However, read my signature to find what PC I was using?
    Last edited by omidsolo; 6th Jan 2015 at 00:06.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thanks, AVI Demux can't open h264 files to mux them with its aac audio
    I meant use your synced .ts file in AviDemux (not the elementary h264 stream). Select Copy/Copy/MP4 to mux to a MP4 file.
    Quote Quote  
  16. 1st AVIDemux also change video sync and is not good, it also encode not mux, thanks
    Quote Quote  
  17. AviDemux don't encode if you've selected Copy/Copy for Video/Audio Output.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by omidsolo View Post
    TorBru, I'm also a developer, however, the above snapshot occurs when I just open program, Input file #1, select my file D:\Niloofar_HD.h264
    So when I get into such trouble, I completely disregard the software.
    I was not using console and have no idea about that.
    However, read my signature to find what PC I was using?
    Sorry to hear you hate my program

I've testet FFQueue very well. I have a harddrive full of old, mixed stuff including some broken vid's and I've never had the issue. Since you're having issues converting / remuxing your videos where one has bad video and the other has bad audio I assume that the problem is related to ffprobe crashing. However, FFQueue should not fire the same error repeatedly and I will fix that for the next update. If you would like to help me attemt to correct the issue completely, please please please (begging!) try the following:

1) Go to the folder where ffprobe (ffmpeg) is located.
    2) Create a text file named "ffprobe.bat".
    3) Edit the file and enter the following command:

ffprobe.exe -pretty -show_format -print_format default -show_streams -i "D:\Niloofar\Niloofar_HD.h264">ffprobe_result. txt

4) Execute the batch file (double click).

If ffprobe does not crash a new text file named "ffprobe_result.txt" has been created and that file would be interesting for me (attach it in this thread). It might event help us fixing the issue's with your videos
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hey TorBru,
    The problem is not my files, they have no problem in audio or video, they are same but one of them have a better quality audio.
    Both are encoded by YouTube, however, you send me an email to info @ omid soft . net and I will be happy to test it on my end and continue this in the email.
    We are developer and we should help each other remove bugs

Hey videobruger,
    Thank you very much for your valuable helps.
    Using both program after converting from ts to mp4 sync is lost.
    What if I upload the original ts video so you see it yourself, it's small, 30 & 70 MB.
    Quote Quote  
  20. You can attach the files to a post here (up to 500MB). Perhaps the original MP4.

Perhaps the shift function in AviDemux can handle it.
    Quote Quote  
  21. If you're going to upload something, it would be better if you uploaded the original MP4's instead of TS. Or post the youtube links. There might be a problem with the TS that you haven't detected, and TS overhead a few% larger than other containers. Or maybe issue with your downloading method

You said the videos were "the exact same size" in post #1 - did you mean something other than filesize (70MB and 40MB) ? Because in post #5 you said one was 1080, one was 720. So which "exact same size" were you referring to ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. TorBru,
    I just open FFQueue, press Add button on top left of main window :: Input files #1 :: Open my original .m2ts BluRay video.
    When I press Open button of Open window, the above error occurs.
    My .m2ts video is rendered by Edius Pro 7.4 and cannot be cause of the problem.
    Do you want to test your self? I can upload my .m2ts video so you can test.
    Quote Quote  
  23. OK, here are my files, I should remind that they're in 2 group / same video:
    1080.rar and 720.rar
    Each one has 2 files: useAudio.mp4 and useVideo.mp4, it's obvious that we should mux audio of useAudio.mp4 with video of useVideo.mp4.
    So finally we have 2 output files: 1080.mp4 and 720.mp4
    I used all of combination of above said software but result is not satisfying.
    Please help

http://www.omidsoft.net/1080.rar
    http://www.omidsoft.net/720.rar
    Quote Quote  
  24. Are you Omid Solo ?

It works ok here for the 720. I didn't try the 1080 but I bet it will work. You should learn to use the commandline so you can batch process files

All you do is open a command prompt, copy & paste, push enter. If ffmpeg.exe , or the input files are in a different directory or not in the search path, you have to specify full paths. If you need more help, just ask

Code:
    ffmpeg -i "useVideo.mp4" -i "useAudio.mp4" -map 0:0 -map 1:1 -c:v copy -c:a copy -movflags faststart output720.mp4

If you're going to use a GUI, do not demux the files as raw elementary streams (audio & video) as you have been doing. Many programs have problems or will lose sync. Input them as MP4.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  25. As a GUI, Yamb Beta 2 works as well (make sure you use yamb 2.1.0.0 beta 2)

Select the create option. Push add, import both the mp4's, checkmark the streams that you want, uncheckmark the streams you don't want, push next
    Quote Quote  
  26. Thanks poisondeathray, you're right, I had to use ffmpeg.exe from the beginning.
    Your command line worked well, and perfectly, because ffmpeg.exe has so many parameters/commands, I didn't take the time to read them all and decide which ones to use and which one not to use, however, I'm sure you gave me best possible settings.
    And thanks to all the people who helped me during this thread
    Quote Quote  
  27. Just 3 questions about ffmpeg:

1. -codec:a copy -codec:v copy is same as -c:a copy -c:v copy?
    2. -movflags what's this exactly?
    3. faststart what's this exactly?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by omidsolo View Post
    Just 3 questions about ffmpeg:

1. -codec:a copy -codec:v copy is same as -c:a copy -c:v copy?
    2. -movflags what's this exactly?
    3. faststart what's this exactly?
    1) Yes
    also -acodec copy -vcodec copy is the same thing

2+3)

"movflags" is the category that applies certain settings when using MP4 , MOV, F4V muxers when using ffmpeg. You can see the flags with "ffmpeg -h full" for more info

If you want to print the full help out to a text file

Code:
    ffmpeg -h full 1>ffmpeg_fullhelp.txt
    When using flash streaming, the moov atom of a MP4 or MOV container has to be at the beginning of the file for video to play before it's fully downloaded. This is what "faststart" is . It's also more compatible with some programs/applications/ some devices, but won't affect local software players (local software player doesn't care about faststart or moov atom)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!