VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. i have an original game in dvd dual layer, i made an iso for backup. i wanted to burned it to have a safe backup, but im having problems getting dual layer discs. is there a software that burns my ISO into 2 dvds of 4.7GB. If so, it will automatically ask for the second dvd when I install it?? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi-
    is there a software that burns my ISO into 2 dvds of 4.7GB.
    No. If a game, I usually split it into a bunch of RAR files and then split them up among 2 DVD5s.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Hi-
    is there a software that burns my ISO into 2 dvds of 4.7GB.
    No. If a game, I usually split it into a bunch of RAR files and then split them up among 2 DVD5s.
    Exactly.
    Except that I don't create "bunch or RARs" but just few RARs with up to 10% recovery (if enough space).
    Using any virtual drives is so easy, just extract your dual-layer ISO to hdd when needed and mount it up.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What i do is if the file system is simple enough i split the cab files so 4.cab,5.cab,6.cab etc. go on disc2 and the first 3 cabs and other related files go on disc one.I make disc1.iso and disc2.iso and virtually mount disc1.iso and install and if it asks for disc2 or 4.cab then i mount disc2.iso and finish the install.

So if all goes well i burn both isos so if i need to reinstall i can use 2 discs and keep the master copy locked up.No need to unrar.The number of cab files i listed are just for example,there can be more or fewer.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wo, sounds pretty good, splitting .cab files, but how do you split cab files?
    On the other hand, if I manage to get dual layer dvd media, and burn it, could I install it from the burned disc without problem? i read something about PTP - OTP stuff.
    Quote Quote