VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have been successful in converting most of my Blu-ray collection to M2TS files with LPCM audio for streaming to my PS3. I use tsMuxeR GUI to demux the audio, eac3to and More GUI to convert the audio to LPCM (using stdout), then MUX back together with tsMuxeR GUI. However, I have run into a few movies that the LPCM audio turns out extremely slow (like it is playing in very slow motion) and out of sync with the video. This appears to be happening only with DTS-HD 7.1 source audio. I believe what is happening is that the resulting audio file is getting cut off only about two-thirds into the processing, so when the file is mux'ed with the video, the audio gets "stretched out" and ends up sounding like slow-motion. My source DTS-HD file is about 4GB, and the resulting LPCM file is around 7GB.

Has anyone encountered this or have any suggestions on how to correct it? Thanks!
    Last edited by seplant; 14th Feb 2010 at 11:45.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since your using your .lpcm file inside of TSmuxer, I'm assuming you are using something similar to PCM2TSmu to apply the headers so that TSmuxer will not reject your .lpcm file. By default TSmuxer uses only 6 channel (5.1) to apply the header. Make sure you add the "-c 8" to your command line.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Never mind. My proposed method didn't work.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 3rd Mar 2010 at 20:05.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Well, I found a workaround, although not the most desirable. I found it was indeed 7.1 audio tracks causing the problem. By downmixing 7.1 tracks to 5.1 tracks, my problem goes away.

And, yes AjzRide, I am using PCM2TSmu, by way of Eac3to and more GUI, to create a PCM file that TSmuxer GUI will accept.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, I'm trying it now.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote