VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. leave the so-called "newbies" alone, if you have nothing constructive to say.

if the "newbie" isn't breaking the forum rules (i.e. NOT "i just downloaded so-and-so movie...which happens to still be in the theaters...and i want to convert to so-and-so format so i can watch it on my dvd player), then cut them some slack...

if you don't like their questions, then don't reply if you can't/don't wana help. leave them alone....

-----------

telling the "newbie" that he/she is lazy and/or just read the freakin' guides aren't very constructive and is just as bad as "newbies" supposedly posting dumb questions
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by poopyhead
    leave the so-called "newbies" alone, if you have nothing constructive to say.

if the "newbie" isn't breaking the forum rules (i.e. NOT "i just downloaded so-and-so movie...which happens to still be in the theaters...and i want to convert to so-and-so format so i can watch it on my dvd player), then cut them some slack...

if you don't like their questions, then don't reply if you can't/don't wana help. leave them alone....

-----------

telling the "newbie" that he/she is lazy and/or just read the freakin' guides aren't very constructive and is just as bad as "newbies" supposedly posting dumb questions
    I'm all for newbie. Can't wait to learn. Just getting started here. What are the rules?

Absolutely great board. Respect is the main constant. I'm there. Just want to help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    some people forget that they were once a newbie and that they had asked the same questions

i will always help a newbie
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by vance43211
    some people forget that they were once a newbie and that they had asked the same questions

i will always help a newbie
    As well. That's what makes this site so great.
    Quote Quote  
  5. All this time this niave fool get madder and madder, his blood pressure rises and he attacks.
    I see that as his problem not mine... He should have read the rules....

Dumb questions are fine, but when they flat out ask something retarded like how do I convert Terminator 3 from an AVI to DVD they are asking for it. I never posted questions like that. I spent well over a year here before I posted a single post. When I ask a question it's straght and to the point, not like "How dod I copy a DVD to a DVD-R?" or "I just downloaded 28 Days later off Kazza, how do I put it on a CD so my DVD player will play it?"

I don't mind helping newbies who really want to learn, but I expect them to do a little homework before they post....
    Quote Quote