VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a humble Kodak Pixpro AZ252. It has a MINI HDMI and a MINI USB port. When I connect the camera to the computer by the camera's USB port, it only reads it as a storage device. Do I have to use the camera's HDMI in order to record from the camera into the computer? Or should the USB be able to record from the camera? Also, I can't record from the camera's HDMI into the computer's HDMI can I?

I've watched a few Youtube videos and I still haven't managed to figure things out for my setup, between all the different utilities and cables that may be required.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Answer 1 & 3: yes, HDMI will stream to an hdmi capture card/device (incl. your computer if you have HDMI IN capability). Rarely do PCs or Macs have that (hdmi in) as stock, however, so make sure your model does - either stock or aftermarket. HDMI is basically a one way payload signal, so your potential pc hdmi out is NOT also an hdmi in!

Note stream mentioned above is NOT the same thing as IP streaming.

Also note: your hdmi feed may not be "clean" (might include non-hideable cam overlays). Check your manual, as YMMV.

Answer 2: the usb is for transfer of pix only (occasionally also for thumbnails of the video). It is NOT for streaming video, unless your cam is specifically advertised as having a "webcam" option.

Give us model #s of ALL your devices...

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 10th Mar 2020 at 00:30.
    Quote Quote