VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    Note that my said "never use container" concerns ffmpeg.

I never preview elementary stream in VirtualDub as I wouldn't know how trustworthy frametime values would be. It's my custom to always mux (intermediate) mkv and load that in the preview. Again - DO NOT forget to set proper "Default duration/FPS" value in MTX GUI.
    Uhm...

Still different.
    I think I also need to check timecode in the AVC stream, but I can't find out how to edit
    ffmpeg -i input.hevc -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=tick_rate=(24000/1001):num_ticks_poc_diff_one=1 output.hevc
    to be used with AVC.

Regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know how to rewrite AVC timestamps with ffmpeg. But I already said

Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    Note that checking "Fix bitstream timing info" in MKVToolNix only works for AVC streams.
    So, just do a remux of your AVC video with MKVToolNix. Set Default duration/FPS to 24000/1001p and check "Fix bitstream timing info".

Of course chances are that after repairing timestamps (if any has been) the offset still isn't constant. In which case I'm afraid the videos are not exactly the same.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    I don't know how to rewrite AVC timestamps with ffmpeg. But I already said

Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    Note that checking "Fix bitstream timing info" in MKVToolNix only works for AVC streams.
    So, just do a remux of your AVC video with MKVToolNix. Set Default duration/FPS to 24000/1001p and check "Fix bitstream timing info".

Of course chances are that after repairing timestamps (if any has been) the offset still isn't constant. In which case I'm afraid the videos are not exactly the same.
    Dear,
    I came back with "inspiration and patience", and finaly it worked!

The flow is exactly the one you suggested.
    The only strangeness I found is that a/v delay is 2000ms instead of 2752ms expected (66frames of delay between original streams, so 1000ms/(24000/1001)*66=2752ms).

Thanks a lot for your valuable support, really.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good you figured it out. I can't explain the difference in a/v delay. Which, tbh, I find rather large. Maybe something else in the AVC mkv was buggered up bigtime.
    May I ask how you found the exact 2000ms delay value? And you're sure A/V stay synced throughout the whole video?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    Good you figured it out. I can't explain the difference in a/v delay. Which, tbh, I find rather large. Maybe something else in the AVC mkv was buggered up bigtime.
    May I ask how you found the exact 2000ms delay value? And you're sure A/V stay synced throughout the whole video?
    Well I synced it manually testing on VLC, it allows to shift sync during playback.
    I determined that value at the beginning of the 1st clip and that value is constant from begging to end of all the 3 clips I worked.

Regards
    Quote Quote