VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello! Witch is the best way to cut some scenes from a movie ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any video editor
    Quote Quote  
  3. What a clever reply
    Quote Quote  
  4. Should be 'Which'. A 'Witch' is a fictitious person that rides around on a broom. But davexnet is correct.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Should be 'Which'. A 'Witch' is a fictitious person that rides around on a broom. But davexnet is correct.
    Sorry for my typo! But witch app its better for that job ? For some years i used the EasiestSoft Movie Editor. Any other like this ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. PySceneDetect

Originally Posted by Mohamet View Post
    Hello! Witch is the best way to cut some scenes from a movie ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used to use AVI demuxe, but I am looking for a new program as its user interface is very poor, and it wont allow me to skip or fast forward to various places to mark them.

Some recommendation of some good programs woud be helpful.

Not all video editors do the job well
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Digmen1 View Post
    I used to use AVI demuxe, but I am looking for a new program as its user interface is very poor, and it wont allow me to skip or fast forward to various places to mark them.

Some recommendation of some good programs woud be helpful.

Not all video editors do the job well
    Don't forget, typical consumer video (avi/mp4/mkv using xvid/H.264/H.265/mpeg-2)when cut is not frame accurate, it can only be cut on
    key frames, giving accuracy within about 5 - 10 seconds.

For frame accurate cuts of consumer video at any location, "smart" cuts, that can deal with this by re-encoding a few seconds at the cut point -
    the rest is copied as-is, would include Tmpgenc Smart renderer and the VideoRedo TVSuite. These products offer a free trial if you're interested

Of course if you're willing to re-encode the output, you can cut anywhere
    Quote Quote  
  9. To seek in Avidemux v2.8/2.8.1-dev (x64), click on the timeline, copy paste a timestamp in the format 00:00:00.000 with Ctrl-V in "Go > Go to Time".

To fast forward, you use the thumb slider to the right of the navigation timeline (hover over it with the mouse, you can now fast forward using the mouse wheel), or the hotkey for 60s forward/backward (button in navigation toolbar).

Some features are still missing for advanced video editing (ex: bookmarks), but it certainly can do the job for simple trimming/cutting.
    Quote Quote