VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am going to start authoring my movies onto SVCD's or VCD's, but I wanted to know program is the best out there? It does not matter if it freeware or I have to pay because I saved up my money so I can buy the program.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Best? It depends on what you want to do. I've always liked TSCV (freeware) but it's not a super user friendly program. VCDEasy is easy to use, but basic. You can author with Ulead too.

Take a look to the left under Author for more ideas. If you just want to make simple x(S)VCDs with chapter/entry points and stuff just use VCDEasy. If you want to make motion menus, have multiple audio streams, etc. It gets a little harder (TSCV or Ulead).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am going to use MOTION MENUES, so I guess I should use Ulead. Thanks a lot Vejita-sama. I tried using TSCV before but it never worked out; there were always some errors.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sonic MyDVD 4 has motion menus,combine video and slideshow on one disk too.Only outputs LPCM audio though.
    Quote Quote  
  5. WinProducer3 also has motion menus and you can get a trial version here.
    http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Product_Download.jsp?p=WinProducer
    Quote Quote  
  6. I make my motion menus in flash and export them as .avi, then i convert them to vcd mpg, I author my disc's in VCDeasy. I highly reccomend this program.
    Atarian (n); One who likes Atari.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know how to use flash.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Well remember that a motion menu is really nothing more than another MPEG with text written on it. The real 'problem' is setting up the XML structure (for VCDImager based programs). It's not actually that hard.

I don't have the link on me but go to the main VCDImager homepage and their are guides there on this.

Or just use one of the commerical programs. You can also make some basic motion menus with avisynth (see guides to left under author).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks everyone, I have decided to buy Ulead software, although I still have to save another $50 (hehe!).

One more thing, do I buy Ulead DVD Workshop or Ulead DVD MovieFactory?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ATARIAN
    I make my motion menus in flash and export them as .avi, then i convert them to vcd mpg, I author my disc's in VCDeasy. I highly reccomend this program.
    ATARI!!?? I've used Atari's since the 400. I had a 400, then 800, then 800XL, then 130XE. Then I upgraded to the 520ST then the 1040ST. I had a hardrive for it and a hardware PC Ditto emulator installed. The drive died and I never got into the TT line or the Falcon's.

I currently use and test ARANYM. What do you have?

Lannie

PS 520 and 1040 & 800XL still in the attic.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do I buy Workshop or MovieFactory?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by biney59
    Do I buy Workshop or MovieFactory?
    I don't know about Workshop but I do have MovieFactory2 which I know is not a broken program and seems to do the job. Only thing for me is I'm not into authoring these days so it never gets used anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you make MOTION menus with MovieFactory? If not then I will get Workshop.
    Quote Quote