VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is my first post on here but I have checked to see if anyone else has posted about this but all I could find on my model was on this page:
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/samsung-bd-e5500/11837

My exact model is: Samsung BD-E5500-XU Software version:BSP-E5500WWB-1018.0

I have tried everything but nothing is working with regards to making this region free.
    Is it something to do with my software version?
    I also thought it mighrt be because my player was connected to the internet via ethernet, so I disconnected that and it still didn't work!..I got the Blu-ray player in the uk at the same time as my smart tv at a gadget show back in 2012. I was assured then that is was region free...but it obviously wasn't!
    It didn't matter at first (as I had an old DVD player that I used a simple code to make region free) but I recently put in a Blu ray disc and got the message on the screen "This Disc has been coded for Region A and Region C only and will not play in your region B blu-ray player."

Can anyone help please?...I'm presuming at this stage that it's a firmware issue?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if there even a hack for your player, it would only be for the dvd side only there are very few for the bluray side.
    not every dvd / bluray player can be hacked.
    Quote Quote