VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to upload a video to the site Yideoz.com and everytime I do it, I am told that the format is not good.

I spoke with the webmaster and all they know of is that it needs mpeg1 which I can't seem to find a free way to do it anywhere.

The webmaster told me that he was using ffmpeg and unless I knew how to read the linux then for all he knows is that they only accept mpeg1

I am using FCP Studio 2 and would really like to be able to upload. Please give me the steps necessary so that I may upload in the right format whatever that would be.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It appears you may be using a Mac OS. If so, you should say that up front or you will get a lot of incorrect information assuming MS OSs. I was going to suggest TMPGEnc encoder, which is free for MPEG-1, but doesn't work with a Mac OS.

And you would probably want ffmpegX instead of ffmpeg if you are using a Mac OS. We have a forum for that.

I can move this to the Mac forum if you like, if indeed you are using a Mac OS.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes please move it to the mac forum. I am using Mac OS X if that means anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote