VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As I said before I'm only using the m2a file that PgcDemux extracted for me from the DVD folder that Ulead Studio created. This way it cannot affect my Muxman created VOB file as the m2v was taken from PgcDemux run on the original DVD.
    yaro
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I thought you wouldn't want to use the ULead created M2V if it was proven that ULead reencoded the video, where you could easily use either the one PGCDemux got from the source DVD, or the one DVD Decrypter demuxed, along with the edited and reencoded audio. So the size of your final DVD is the pretty much the same size as the source DVD, I take it. And if you're happy with the results, then mission accomplished.

Good going.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I used the m2v from Decrypter and all works fine now. Thanks for all the help and patience.
    yaro
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This tutorial outlines the best method I've found to approaching this problem:
    http://backstar.com/blog/2009/09/01/edit-video-on-an-existing-dvd/

It explains how to edit audio/video content of an existing (already authored) DVD without any loss of audio/image quality, and produce a new DVD that is identical in all ways besides the changes you made to the audio/video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is more or less how in the end I managed to do what I planned to do. There is one thing however. It says the menu won't be affected. This is probably the case when your menu does not include video scenes from your movie. Otherwise a great guide. Thanks
    yaro
    Quote Quote