VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ARGH!! I thought I had everything all straight, now this problem!
    I compiled my dvd folder earlier today with DVD Lab. I had 2 menus, an intro movie, slideshow, and 1 full movie. The movie was an m2v file with an ac3 audio file. When I built the dvd folder and checked it out with PowerDVD the video and audio didn't synch up properly. So I used TMP to mux the m2v and ac3 file back together. I opened that file with PowerDVD and all was great. I even kept the Dolby Digital sound.
    So I go back to DVD Lab and replace the previous 2 files for my movie with the newly created mpeg-2 file. Then I compile my dvd folders. DVD Lab will generate both of the menus and start to go through the process and it says "Reading Program stream..." Then after about 15 seconds of that it stops and says "Done" like it finished the job successfully. I look in my video_ts folder that it made and there's nothing there!!
    What do I have to do to correct this??? I don't want DVD Lab to mux my audio and video together because it didn't do that well of a job. TMP did it perfectly and DVD Lab excepts it, but it's not building my folders.

Please help!!!
    I don't know karate, but I do know ka-razy! And I'm not afraid to use it!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's not just you - I tried muxing an ac3 stream and a m2v stream in TMPG, trying to correct audio synch problems.

DVD Lab accepted them without demuxing, but did the same thing - it couldn't work with those program streams.

I tried importing the file and demuxing on import, and it couldn't demux the streams either.

still working on it... right now I'm about 3 for 4 in getting ac3 synched properly... some do, some don't.
    - housepig
    ----------------
    Housepig Records
    out now:
    Various Artists "Six Doors"
    Unicorn "Playing With Light"
    Quote Quote  
  3. TMPGenc doesn't handle ac3 files well. Try muxing with IFOEdit then open the VOB files in DVD Lab.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Vejita-sama,
    TMP did what I wanted it to do perfectly. I can't open the VOB files with DVD Lab because I don't have them yet. DVD Lab is the program that will give me the VOB files.

Thanks for all your help housepig. You've been very helpful with me quite a few times. I guess what I can do for now is replace that mpeg that I just created with the m2v and ac3 with the original mpeg that just has a wav file. Then I guess, or I'm hoping, DVD Lab will build that with no problems.
    I don't know karate, but I do know ka-razy! And I'm not afraid to use it!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Before I finally paid for DVD-lab I read its help and discussions and did find out that there are some issues about audio/video sync. So whenever I can I always 1) assemble my AVIs in Premiere and export to a *.wav and an *.m2v file, so that 2) I have ONLY one *.ac3 and *.m2v file as assets in DVD-lab (the resulting *.wav was converted to *.ac3 with BeSweet). Presenting DVD-lab with ONLY one movie seems to make it cope better with sync. This method prevents me from having a 1st play item, but if this is an absolute must I either include an *.m2v segment, & a silent or music-only *.ac3 track of exactly the same length (also assembled in Premiere) that wouldn't sound amiss a few milliseconds too soon or too late (as opposed to audio tracks that contain speech where sync issues are glaring). In a multiple-VTS authoring program (DVD-lab is a single-VTS program) out of sync is arrested on creation of a new VTS (ideally on a new movie) compared with all movies lumped together on just one VTS as DVD-lab does.
    In the newest beta, though, Oscar has included provisions for adjusting audio delay.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote