VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I cannot play the MPeg4 that I created with nero. I have powerDVD and the K lite codec pck installed. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by silvergator
    I have... ...the K lite codec pck installed.
    Yeah. For one thing, stay away from codec packs. More often than not you will be installing a bunch of unneccessary codecs that you'll never use. If you don't believe me - why do you think there are so many codec packs around? What one person thinks is an 'essential' codec - another does not. You don't really want... Angelpotion on your system, now, do you?

Now to the topic at hand:

Have you had a look at your file with Gspot or AVIcodec? Since you created it yourself, you should have the codec to play it. However using the above programs might help determine the exact cause of the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Play it with Nero showtime. Next time you create a nero digital make it QuicKtime Compatible. then you can use Quicktime and other players.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Installing 3ivx should allow you to play it in just about anything. I use Zoom Player. The latest Koepi's XviD Codec can decode mp4 too.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by teegee420
    As do I. Don't forget to use (or at least try) the great ffdshow. ZoomPlayer and ffdshow together = a mighty combination.
    Quote Quote