VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Kay i figured out a easier way to make the samsung (bn-p-1600 blueray player) play avi files or xvid in the U.S.A.. I just downloaded the up to date firmeware from the brasilian website.. Then i changed the RUF file to XAA with that hex program i got in here, then i used a program to put it on ISO image... Then i used Roxio Creator to rip the ISO image to a cd, then i loaded the disc in the blue ray player it read it rite away and it asked if i wanted to up date my firmware and thats it, it just let me have You-Tube noting else, but i dont use that crap its jus to watch movies you know. Now i dont know why sum one did'nt upload the ISO file yet to save every one sum hassle here in the U.S.A. So here it is jus down load it, rip the ISO image with ripping software that can burn ISO image and put on a blank cd and load it in, it will read it whitch takes a couple mins then it will ask you if you want to update with the new firmware and click yes, simple and hassle free, enjoy...Jus download and unpack wit WinRAR.........
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FK77NHC2
    Last edited by L.A's HiGhEsT; 8th Apr 2011 at 03:40.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I have a BD P1600 Blu Ray from the USA. I live in Hungary, so I can use it with a voltage converter. It's working well, but I can't unlock it, so I can play only US DVDs and Blu Ray films. It has the newsest firmware, ver.2.18./XAA
    I tried several method:
    1. downloaded Brasil and Singapore, etc... firmwares, modified the firmware with editor (to XAA), but it's not working. Tried to update from USB and from CD...
    2. I tried the unlock codes, not working too...

I can't play Divx films as well... only mp3 and youtube is working..

Has anybody got any good idea to solve this problem? I know, the easiest way to change the BD to another one, but I would like to use this one...

Thanks a lot!!!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You'll probably never be able to unlock it since you bought it in the USA. Manufacturers make hardware changes all the time and very likely the old firmware change idea simply doesn't work with currently available US hardware. Do note that the firmware change is VERY risky and we've had reports of players getting bricked when people tried to do this. Or it will work but it will then make the player a Brazilian locked player, which is useless to someone in Europe.

I'm not aware of ANY Sony BluRay player currently sold in the USA/Canada that can be unlocked by ANY method. The ONLY ones I've heard of recently that can be unlocked at all are a very limited number of players sold in other parts of the world, usually Australia.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the answer! At this momment I can use this player only for mp3 and audio CD playing and for Youtube watching... Is there any way to change the firmware for Divx playing? I know, its a very big risk, but now I have an audio player only... so it's not a big risk to try to change the firmware. But I don't know the method... I know, I can't watch European Blu Rays by this anymore... But maybe divx movies... ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    My firend has a flash/EEPROM programmer machine for different sockets. Maybe he can owerwrite the current US firmware wint the Singapore one, but he needs the installed version for that. Is it possible to download it from any site?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I actually got the region free to work on my Samsung bd-p1600 region 4 for a couple of american TV series they didn't show in Australia before i upgraded the firmware but that stopped them playing. No matter how many times i tryed i couldn't unlock it again..... Until yesterday when i had my plasma wall mounted and had to set everything back up and thought i will give it one more go.

I selected the channel for the player. but nothing came up when i turned on the player,

I then noticed the HDMI cable was out before i turned it on, the player was on at this stage... so i connected the cable with the player on and on the screen it said language selection (which i've never seen this screen before) so i selected English and the the region code 4 was in the top of the corner which is when i frantically had a moment of genius and pushed 9 (region free) now it works .. Woo Hoo!!! none of the annoying codes then hitting the repeat button, Hope this works for someone else as i may sound like a nut and wouldn't believe it myself but psych works now so i can put my old Panasonic away...

Whats with the codes anyway who could be bothered copying a blue ray when the discs costs more than the movie to buy.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wishbone1976 View Post
    Whats with the codes anyway who could be bothered copying a blue ray when the discs costs more than the movie to buy.
    The original purpose of region codes on DVD was to prevent people from buying a movie in another part of the world before it came to theaters in their part of the world. Hollywood has mostly moved away from that model so now region codes simply exist because Hollywood can't let you have anything without restricting it in some way.

That's not true that blank BluRay discs cost more than the movie. Well, maybe if you only buy your discs at Frys or some other physical store, but if you buy online the price is substantially lower.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I see the point for region codes however our local stations start a TV series then either stop it half way through, change the time its on for 2am in the morning without advertising that so you can set it to record or stop it on the season finale... very annoying which wouldn't be so bad if the DVD stores here got it in to buy or rent but it usually takes years to get to Australia. And i don't mind spending money to support movies as i like having the original product. And our local cinemas are well fairly crap and for $15.50 they can at least clean the place.

and the blank BluRay discs may be cheaper but by the time you download the film, hire it to copy, print a cover it's a lot of trouble to go to instead of waiting for the price of a film to drop to $10. I usually buy three for thirty. & i just brought the back to the future trilogy for $19.95 anyway these days i just chuck movies on a hard drive and watch them, then if there any good buy them. I learnt my lesson buying films strait away as i had 235 original DVDs but traded them for credit a the local video shop, as i found i really don't get time to watch a film twice these days, specially now that Skyrim just came out, oh and those baby things take up alot of time... anyways was just trying to help as i can watch psych again as they took for years to bring seasons 2 & 3 here and just brought season 5 from amazon, maybe they should stop stores exporting if they don't want it released or just release it worldwide all at once. Anyway thanks for your reply have a good Christmas.

Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could any one suggest how to unlock region code for Samsung BD-P 1600 purchased from Sydney. I tried all measures that were posted in video help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hello,
    Is it me or the firmware trick no longer works? I tried with the Brazilian version and Singapore version, nothing to do! Is anyone able to lately? I saw that there are now two places where you have the potential to change the country code.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Manufacturers change hardware and/or firmware often during production. These changes can break unlock hacks that worked in the past. That is probably the case now. Samsung and Sony are rather infamous for making players that cannot be unlocked so this is no surprise to me to read that it no longer works for you.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Pretzal View Post
    It's quite easy to hack this player, if you follow the tutorial. I actually updated my firmware to the most recent before I found out about this hack, still worked 1st time.

For those of you wanting to change your blu-ray region this is also possible by hacking the update file. It's not difficult to do and in some cases will actually enable youtube content. You have to be careful not to hack to a region not compatable with your tv though.

For the person that bought their player in Dubai.......Download the update file for your player from the samsung BRAZIL website.

Open the RUF file in a hex editor http://www.handshake.de/user/chmaas/delphi/download/xvi32.zip is good.

You will notice right at the top SAMSUNG BD-P1600 XAX, change the XAX to MEA, must be in capitals......do NOTHING else and save the file.

Use this file to update your player using the instructions in the manual and you should be good to play dvd's and blu-ray's in your region.

For the person that bought their player in the USA......Do exactly the same but replace XAX with XAA.

Hope this helps

Pretz
    Hi I have a Samsung BD-F5100 blu ray player bought in India. I can change the region to any number from 1 to 6 and it stays there when I check if it indeed changed, but it still does not play blu ray cds bought from UK. Also I observed when I try to save the 9 code it goes back to zero. Any suggestions? M
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BobShan View Post

Hi I have a Samsung BD-F5100 blu ray player bought in India. I can change the region to any number from 1 to 6 and it stays there when I check if it indeed changed, but it still does not play blu ray cds bought from UK. Also I observed when I try to save the 9 code it goes back to zero. Any suggestions? M
    Normally there are no hacks available to change the Blu-ray region on a Blu-ray player, only the DVD region code. The Blu-ray region is typically controlled by a chip, not the player's firmware. The chip must be replaced or reprogrammed, and both of those things are beyond the scope of what consumers can do at home.

[Edit] Also, you don't have any of the models previously discussed in this old, dead thread. If Pretzal's hack worked for you on the DVD side, that is practically a miracle.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 11th Jul 2016 at 12:10.
    Quote Quote