VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi, im trying to create mini backups for my bluray. the video is already set but im having problems with the audio.

how do i downscale the dts audio from 1509kbps to 755kbps. ive read of others having the same problem but they seemed a bit complicated for a beginner like me.

a software and easy to understand steps would be nice
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Depends on if this is just the core DTS or core DTS with MA. If the DTS has MA, that makes it lossless and can easily be removed to leave behind only the core DTS. You can do that with tsMuxer GUI.

If you are talking about converting 1509kbps core DTS to 755kbps core DTS then you will need a DTS encoder which I don't know much about. Something you should know is that DTS is not really designed for low bitrate situations, so I would pick AAC, AC3, or MP3 over DTS at such bitrates. Or you could even use 16-bit FLAC to get some decent savings if the DTS is 24-bit.

Use Mediainfo to get more info on the audio files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by nixiejames View Post
    hi, im trying to create mini backups for my bluray. the video is already set but im having problems with the audio.

how do i downscale the dts audio from 1509kbps to 755kbps. ive read of others having the same problem but they seemed a bit complicated for a beginner like me.

a software and easy to understand steps would be nice

https://www.videohelp.com/software/TFM-Audio-Tool
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by angel181155 View Post
    it doesnt work for some. i tried converting one dts core and it just copied it as 1509kbps
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Depends on if this is just the core DTS or core DTS with MA. If the DTS has MA, that makes it lossless and can easily be removed to leave behind only the core DTS. You can do that with tsMuxer GUI.

If you are talking about converting 1509kbps core DTS to 755kbps core DTS then you will need a DTS encoder which I don't know much about. Something you should know is that DTS is not really designed for low bitrate situations, so I would pick AAC, AC3, or MP3 over DTS at such bitrates. Or you could even use 16-bit FLAC to get some decent savings if the DTS is 24-bit.

Use Mediainfo to get more info on the audio files.
    i have both with ma and just the core. well ive already heard dts at 755kbps and it sounds great to me so yeah.

thanks thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    DTS 755kbps is no better than 640kbps AC3
    AC3 640 is better in my opinion
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Ally68 View Post
    DTS 755kbps is no better than 640kbps AC3
    AC3 640 is better in my opinion
    hmmm you really think so? im really torn right now between the two actually
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    When you say "mini backups"... 1080p or 720p? and what video bitrate
    If the video is already compressed a lot, you might as well use AC3 audio
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Ally68 View Post
    When you say "mini backups"... 1080p or 720p? and what video bitrate
    If the video is already compressed a lot, you might as well use AC3 audio
    1080 2-pass 5000+ bitrate. the quality is really good to me. the audio is what disturbs me haha
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I also generally encode my Blu-ray's with 4k to 5k video bitrate
    TrueHD atmos will always have AC3 640kbps embedded in the file. Just extract it like you did with DTS core
    Quote Quote