VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently purchased a LG DVD Recorded to backup my personal VHS tapes. This process worked fine. I'm now trying to edit these new DVD's with Showbiz software that came on my HP PC. Showbiz requires the DVD files first be put on the hard disk. Once completed, I then open file to showbiz editor. The problem is only the video file is copying over. There is no audio files being shown like it does when I'm capturing video from my DV camcorder. I know these CD's contain video AND audio that is being saved to the hard disk, because I am able to view using window's media. The bottom line is I want to edit and use segments from these DVD's and can only get video not audio. Any help would be much apprecated.

Hokiehub
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Showbiz might not like ac3 audio. How do you import the dvd in Showbiz? Just adding vob files or?

I would use something else like TMpgenc dvd Author, Mpeg Video Wizard, Ulead DVD Videostudio. See https://www.videohelp.com/guides/how-to-edit-dvd-dvd-vr-dvd-vr-how-to-convert-dvds-back...ting-id638#638
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Showbiz will not allow the DVD to be imported unless it is on the hard drive or through a capturing process with a dv mini camcorder. For the DVD's I made of my VHS cassettts, I first put them on the hard drive and then Showbiz will import. However it only imports video portion and not any audio. If I play the same files with Windows Media, both audio and video are present, so I no that the info has been transferred to the PC.

Thanks
    Quote Quote