VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    Tried an old 2013 build and all filter option were greyed-out. Works fine!
    That's a bug that needs to be fixed since most filters are available in 2013 builds

Version 1.0.23 just uploaded: fixes filter issue.
    Last edited by TorBru; 3rd Aug 2014 at 10:43.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by TorBru View Post
    That's a bug that needs to be fixed since most filters are available in 2013 builds
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot001.png
Views:	551
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	26717

Fixed! Wow, you are awefully fast.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent, much improved! I now rate this GUI a perfect 10.

Thanks.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Tried the stream mapping option.

1. Loaded a clip with a video and four audio streams.
    2. Disabled all exept audio stream #3.
    3. Created a audio only mp3 preset.
    4. Started process.

Perfect !

EDIT:

Code:
    -hide_banner -i "F:\x-test_videos\C0023S01.mxf" -map 0:3 -vcodec libx264 -b:v 1000k -acodec libmp3lame -b:a 128k -ac 2 -scodec copy "F:\virtualdub capture2\C0023S01.mp3"
    The command line seems to always have -scodec copy on it?

The source doesn't contain any subtitle streams so everything there (in preset) is grayed-out.

I think the subtitle dropdown list at the presets window needs a disable option. Probably also the audio and video lists because the command line also has still -vcodec libx264 on it.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris K; 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:40.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM

The source doesn't contain any subtitle streams so everything there (in preset) is grayed-out.

I think the subtitle dropdown list at the presets window needs a disable option. Probably also the audio and video lists because the command line also has still -vcodec libx264 on it.

Chris
    FFMpeg ignores arguments that are not used for the job - the next release of FFQueue will have the command line cleaned up, though

REGARDING SUBTITLE STYLING: Bitmap-based subtitles cannot be color- or font-styled. Text-based subtitles have the style set within the subtitle containers (srt, ssa etc.). I cannot se any way to implement a command-line styling of subtitles and therefore the subtitle-styling to-do is abandoned until someone links to useable info in this matter.
    Last edited by TorBru; 3rd Aug 2014 at 13:34.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I played around with some of the filters. Here I used two filters (Vignette and Watermark). I don't know if it was a memory problem, but the program just hung there after completing the last frame. I had to manually kill it. Maybe it was due to using "veryslow" preset along with two filters.

***Edit: Upon process of elimination, it seems the culprit is the "watermark" filter. Even entering an end time point doesn't help, you still have to kill it after the last frame is encoded..............

Anyway the results aren't too shabby.....
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by racer-x; 3rd Aug 2014 at 17:25. Reason: Further testing
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  7. Looks like it's coming along nicely

How about import folder support for batch processing ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by TorBru View Post

Chris
    FFMpeg ignores arguments that are not used for the job - the next release of FFQueue will have the command line cleaned up, though

REGARDING SUBTITLE STYLING: Bitmap-based subtitles cannot be color- or font-styled. Text-based subtitles have the style set within the subtitle containers (srt, ssa etc.). I cannot se any way to implement a command-line styling of subtitles and therefore the subtitle-styling to-do is abandoned until someone links to useable info in this matter.
    Excellent work!

I tested hardburning .ass subtitles.FFMPEG respect styling in .ass file just fine.In this case there is no need to implement sub styling GUI.
    But there is a bug.When path to the file contain ' (this character) ass filter crashed. Example: https://www.mail-archive.com/ffmpeg-trac@avcodec.org/msg09035.html or https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1813

P.S.And one more thing,for proper burning .ass subtitles, there has to be fonts.conf file in fonts subfolder where ffmpeg.exe executable is stored.
    Once again excellent work!

PS2:Sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by mycek; 4th Aug 2014 at 04:42.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    racer-x: I cannot reproduce the hanging-issue with Vignette & Watermark. If you can then please supply a command line from the console to test with. However, when ffmpeg asksk to "overwrite file Yes/No?" FFQueue will get stuck until the "ffmpeg.exe" process is killed in the process list. I'm trying to solve this

I've just published V1.0.24 that will (probably) be the final release for now. Changes in the new version includes:

1) Command line has been cleaned up.
    2) Bug with "'" in filenames (for subtitles etc.) has been fixed.
    3) Option for temporary folder added.
    4) Two-pass encoding is now supported.
    5) In the queue list popup-menu you can dump raw info from ffprobe.
    6) The existense of "font.conf" is checked and if not found you can have FFQueue create a default one.
    7) Batch make jobs: New button on toolbar or drag&drop to queue list.
    8) Check for doublets (existing jobs with same #1 input file) when creating new jobs.
    9) Minor optimizations and bug-fixes.

New features are described in depth in the documentation. That's it for now folks
    Quote Quote  
  10. @TorBru Great update ,but there is a problem with drag and drop function.I have made a video to ilustrate the situation.It happens with all files.

The error is:
    Make job for: D:\0003Videos\TEST.mkv
    video : not found

Thank you and sorry for the disturbance.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mycek: Thanks for your bugreport! It's not really a bug - more a wrong information. As mentioned in the documentation FFQueue fails to make batch job if one of the selected components (video, audio or subtitle) is missing - but FFQueue reports missing video for any missing component. If you unckeck "Subtitle" in the batch make dialog you should be just fine!

Version 1.0.25 just uploaded - fixes the wrong error reporting
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    @TorBru

Found one little thing.

The "Framerate" field at the presets window doesn't allow to enter dots. Cannot enter e.g. 23.976

I would also include the help url again in the zip.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by TorBru View Post
    mycek: Thanks for your bugreport! It's not really a bug - more a wrong information. As mentioned in the documentation FFQueue fails to make batch job if one of the selected components (video, audio or subtitle) is missing - but FFQueue reports missing video for any missing component. If you unckeck "Subtitle" in the batch make dialog you should be just fine!

Version 1.0.25 just uploaded - fixes the wrong error reporting
    Yeah,my fault.
    I forgot to uncheck subtitle,because i also try to drag&drop video files with external subtitle,but this doesn't work for now (only internal).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Can that be a default/preset? 'Cuz me and lots of others never need/include subs. Lots of wasted clicks if I have to do that every time.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just uploaded V1.0.26 and changes are:

1) When invoking batch make for one file the Job editor is launched instead.
    2) Added support for floats (dots) in framerate.
    3) Autodetect subtitles (srt, ass, ssa, xsub) or audio (mp3, wav) as secondary input in both Job edit & Batch make.

Cornucopia I'm not sure that I understand you.. Subtitle is by default disabled in batch make and Batch make saves it's settings for use in future sessions. The job editor always selects all streams when info from new files are being parsed. I see no reason to change this, since this can be achieved for multiple files in batch make. Good enough?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you mean that Job editor parses a file of 2 video streams + 3 audio streams + 0 subtitle streams and selects/enables (and expects) only those 1st 5 streams by default, but will parse a 2nd file of 1 video stream + 2 audio streams + 4 subtitle streams and will select/enable all 7 of those by default,
    then YES, that is fine.

I guess I misunderstood the flow of that conversation (and haven't had time to test it out).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    If you mean that Job editor parses a file of 2 video streams + 3 audio streams + 0 subtitle streams and selects/enables (and expects) only those 1st 5 streams by default, but will parse a 2nd file of 1 video stream + 2 audio streams + 4 subtitle streams and will select/enable all 7 of those by default,
    then YES, that is fine.

I guess I misunderstood the flow of that conversation (and haven't had time to test it out).

Scott

The job editor will pre-select any new stream it finds in the files you direct it to. It is up to you to decide which streams will be mapped into the output file - FFQueue cannot do that for you. Usually you would select a video (and a audio) source as #1 and a subtitle (or audio) as #2 - that's the rational intention of the GUI. The Batch make function will only select the first (or the preferred) stream for each video, audio and subtitle (whatever selected)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yeah, I completely understood that. What I don't want to have happen would be for either the Job editor or the Batch make function to call foul on the lack of a subtitle stream in the output when there never existed one in the input.

But I think you've already answered my question.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  19. Perhaps you should change the tread title to FFQueue testing & feedback or something like that
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I completely understood that. What I don't want to have happen would be for either the Job editor or the Batch make function to call foul on the lack of a subtitle stream in the output when there never existed one in the input.

Scott
    Oh.. Now I got it! The Job editor will never fail on missing content since you cannot select content that is not present. The Batch make will fail if you select to include content that cannot be located for the files batched - this is intentional. If you've got a folder with a lot of files - some with subtitles and some without you can batch the entire folder selecting subtitles. The files with subtitles will succeed the ones without will not. Now you can batch the entire folder again this time without subtitles selected. Now all the remaining files will succeed but the ones with subtitle already queued will not be queued again

The presets on the other hand will just ignore content not provided. Having burn-in of subtitles set in a preset and using that preset on a job without subtitles will not fail - subtitles will then just not be part of the command line passed to ffmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Perhaps you should change the tread title to FFQueue testing & feedback or something like that
    FFQueue (ffmpeg GUI) testing & feedback would have been a better title - but I cannot change it..
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

Scott
    Oh.. Now I got it! The Job editor will never fail on missing content since you cannot select content that is not present. The Batch make will fail if you select to include content that cannot be located for the files batched - this is intentional. If you've got a folder with a lot of files - some with subtitles and some without you can batch the entire folder selecting subtitles. The files with subtitles will succeed the ones without will not. Now you can batch the entire folder again this time without subtitles selected. Now all the remaining files will succeed but the ones with subtitle already queued will not be queued again

The presets on the other hand will just ignore content not provided. Having burn-in of subtitles set in a preset and using that preset on a job without subtitles will not fail - subtitles will then just not be part of the command line passed to ffmpeg.
    Aahhh.

Works for me.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by TorBru View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Perhaps you should change the tread title to FFQueue testing & feedback or something like that
    FFQueue (ffmpeg GUI) testing & feedback would have been a better title - but I cannot change it..
    In the 1st post, hit the "edit" button, push "go advanced" button, then you can edit the title
    Quote Quote  
  24. @TorBru,auto detection of external streams works like a charm.Many thanks for that.
    One bug report: Bug with file names and path is not completely fixed.When the name contains { or ] or too many characters (i dont know where the problem is), ass and subtitle filters are crashing.When i rename the files everything works good.
    Here is part of the log:

[Parsed_ass_0 @ 0000000002b7fc60] ass_read_file(D:/test.(test)-(test)-): fopen failed
    [Parsed_ass_0 @ 0000000002b7fc60] Could not create a libass track when reading file 'D:/test.(test)-(test)-'
    [AVFilterGraph @ 0000000002c19860] Error initializing filter 'ass' with args 'D\:/test.(test)-(test)-'
    Error configuring filters.

Path to the files is: D:\test.(test)-(test)-[test}\test.(test)-(test)-[test}\test.(test)-(test)-[test}.mkv
    D:\test.(test)-(test)-[test}\test.(test)-(test)-[test}\test.(test)-(test)-[test}.ass

Hope you can fix this.

And one last feature request from me. Can you add a function to choose one output folder for all off the jobs.
    Last edited by mycek; 9th Aug 2014 at 04:14.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by mycek View Post
    Path to the files is: D:\test.(test)-(test)-[test}\test.(test)-(test)-[test}\test.(test)-(test)-[test}.mkv
    D:\test.(test)-(test)-[test}\test.(test)-(test)-[test}\test.(test)-(test)-[test}.ass
    I'm sorry I have to say but that's a crazy path! Perhaps he can fix it but I wouldn't use such kind of paths.

@TorBru

For file paths in filter chains, all characters that are used in the filter syntax like : [] ,; and so on has to be escaped.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  26. i know it's crazy.This is not real path,this is just test that better ilustrate the problem.When encoding animes they often contain in their names {},(),or -,. And ffmpeg doesn't accept paths or names with this characters.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by mycek View Post
    i know it's crazy.This is not real path,this is just test that better ilustrate the problem.When encoding animes they often contain in their names {},(),or -,. And ffmpeg doesn't accept paths or names with this characters.
    OK! FFmpeg probably accepts it for input paths but paths in filters is another story.

Chris
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    poisondeathray: Better title for subject choosen

mycek: Nice to se someone going the extra mile to really test things out. The bug has been fixed and the ability to specify a custom destination folder for batch make has been created

Chris K: You are right. It was the escaping of already escaped characters that was wrong. As mentioned above this is fixed now. Btw. input paths and filter paths are different since the input paths are formatted for the system/shell and filter paths are formatted for ffmpeg. If you apply filter path formatting for shell paths the command line will be invalid.

Hereby V1.0.27 is available
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    racer-x: I cannot reproduce the hanging-issue with Vignette & Watermark. If you can then please supply a command line from the console to test with. However, when ffmpeg asksk to "overwrite file Yes/No?" FFQueue will get stuck until the "ffmpeg.exe" process is killed in the process list. I'm trying to solve this
    The problem only effects the WaterMark filter. It wants to continue on after the last frame is encoded. I fixed it by adding command: -shortest

You may want to include that with your watermark filter commands. Here is the error log:

Starting FFMpeg 08/09/14 14:46:23 with command:
    -hide_banner -i "E:\Video\Logo\Bridge_HD\Fog\Fog_Rain.ts" -loop 1 -i "E:\Video\Logo\Bridge_HD\Fog\watermark.png" -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -filter_complex "[1:v]fade=int=0.000000:d=1.500000:alpha=1,fade=outt=19.500000:d=1.500000:alpha=1[FID2];[0:0][FID2]overlay=90:160:enable='between(t,0,21)'" -vcodec libx264 -b:v 10000k -acodec copy "E:\Video\Logo\Bridge_HD\Fog\Fog_Rain.mkv"

Input #0, mpegts, from 'E:\Video\Logo\Bridge_HD\Fog\Fog_Rain.ts':
    Duration: 00:00:24.26, start: 4200.000000, bitrate: 9926 kb/s
    Program 1
    Stream #0:0[0x1011]: Video: h264 (High) (HDMV / 0x564D4448), yuv420p(tv, bt709), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 90k tbn, 47.95 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x1100]: Audio: ac3 (AC-3 / 0x332D4341), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 256 kb/s
    Input #1, image2, from 'E:\Video\Logo\Bridge_HD\Fog\watermark.png':
    Duration: 00:00:00.04, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #1:0: Video: png, rgba, 1740x243 [SAR 2834:2834 DAR 580:81], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] using SAR=1/1
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 SSE4.1 Cache64
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] profile High, level 4.0
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] 264 - core 142 r2431 ac76440 - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec - Copyleft 2003-2014 - http://www.videolan.org/x264.html - options: cabac=1 ref=3 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x3:0x113 me=hex subme=7 psy=1 psy_rd=1.00:0.00 mixed_ref=1 me_range=16 chroma_me=1 trellis=1 8x8dct=1 cqm=0 deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=1 chroma_qp_offset=-2 threads=6 lookahead_threads=1 sliced_threads=0 nr=0 decimate=1 interlaced=0 bluray_compat=0 constrained_intra=0 bframes=3 b_pyramid=2 b_adapt=1 b_bias=0 direct=1 weightb=1 open_gop=0 weightp=2 keyint=250 keyint_min=23 scenecut=40 intra_refresh=0 rc_lookahead=40 rc=abr mbtree=1 bitrate=10000 ratetol=1.0 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=0 qpmax=69 qpstep=4 ip_ratio=1.40 aq=1:1.00
    Output #0, matroska, to 'E:\Video\Logo\Bridge_HD\Fog\Fog_Rain.mkv':
    Metadata:
    encoder : Lavf55.50.100
    Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (libx264) (H264 / 0x34363248), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], q=-1--1, 10000 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 1k tbn, 23.98 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
    encoder : Lavc55.71.100 libx264
    Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3 ([0] [0][0] / 0x2000), 48000 Hz, stereo, 256 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:0 (h264) -> overlay:main
    Stream #1:0 (png) -> fade
    overlay -> Stream #0:0 (libx264)
    Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (copy)
    Press [q] to stop, [?] for help

frame= 581 fps= 11 q=18.0 size= 23175kB time=00:00:24.25 bitrate=7826.8kbits/s dup=0 drop=79
    frame= 581 fps= 11 q=18.0 size= 23175kB time=00:00:24.25 bitrate=7826.8kbits/s dup=0 drop=134
    frame= 581 fps= 11 q=18.0 size= 23175kB time=00:00:24.25 bitrate=7826.8kbits/s dup=0 drop=189
    frame= 581 fps= 10 q=18.0 size= 23175kB time=00:00:24.25 bitrate=7826.8kbits/s dup=0 drop=244
    frame= 581 fps= 10 q=-1.0 Lsize= 23773kB time=00:00:24.25 bitrate=8028.8kbits/s dup=0 drop=257

video:23004kB audio:758kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: 0.044402%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] frame I:10 Avg QP:12.85 size:121295
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] frame P:417 Avg QP:19.33 size: 52234
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] frame B:154 Avg QP:15.02 size: 3644
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] consecutive B-frames: 62.7% 5.2% 2.6% 29.6%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] mb I I16..4: 24.4% 52.4% 23.2%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] mb P I16..4: 7.9% 24.0% 8.8% P16..4: 27.0% 7.7% 3.6% 0.0% 0.0% skip:21.0%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] mb B I16..4: 0.6% 0.7% 0.2% B16..8: 11.2% 0.5% 0.1% direct: 3.9% skip:82.9% L0:35.6% L1:59.0% BI: 5.4%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] final ratefactor: 15.92
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] 8x8 transform intra:58.6% inter:72.3%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 42.2% 34.2% 15.6% inter: 17.0% 17.3% 3.1%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] i16 v,h,dc,p: 45% 30% 8% 17%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 34% 18% 25% 3% 4% 4% 5% 3% 4%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 59% 15% 14% 2% 3% 3% 2% 1% 1%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] i8c dc,h,v,p: 66% 17% 15% 2%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] Weighted P-Frames: Y:20.1% UV:8.9%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] ref P L0: 56.0% 14.5% 19.2% 9.9% 0.5%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] ref B L0: 86.4% 12.1% 1.4%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] ref B L1: 94.5% 5.5%
    [libx264 @ 0000000002c7cf20] kb/s:7776.52

FFMpeg exited 08/09/14 14:47:21, running time 00:00:57.689

The job was aborted!
    Quote Quote  
  30. @TorBru excellent work.Everything works as expected
    Regarding output folder.Can you make option that defines output folder in preset editor.For every preset set different output folder.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!