VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    im talking the case covers.. im using a stack of letter sized matt photo paper to print my covers. I have tried many programs like coverXP expressit 2.0 and nero cover designer.. nero and coverxp wont let me choose letter size when using DVD templates. and xpressit only has the DVD covers for a4 letter sized paper and seems to miss print the first 3 mm of my covers. any1 know a good program that will allow me to print my covers on letter sized paper?
    Quote Quote  
  2. many printers can't print close enough to the top and bottom edge to fit a full cover on a letter size paper. I usually just use Photo Shop or Photo Impact to size my cover to 7.25"x10.75" at 300 dpi and print it manually. But I use the A4 size multi-flip inserts are Rima.com, with excellent results I might add.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    actually I just bought my printer yesterday and it can print boarder less.. I even printed some perfect covers yesterday with xpressit 2.0. its just for some reason today It wont print the first few mm . even if i start half way down the page it seems to miss the first few mm. Must be a program thing. I was just looking for a more reliable program.
    Quote Quote  
  4. well if you don't mind doing it manually I'd try Photo Impact. Its a very good program at a decent price. It not a functional as photo shop but its about 1/6 of the price too. you can download a free trial at ulead.com and see if it works for what you need.

Of course it could be a printer problem. I have an Epson r300 that will print to the edge but sometimes it screws the image up a bit.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    bah.. im an idiot.. I never thought about printing covers manually in photoshop. actually thats probably better and ezier. do you know what the dimensions for a DVD cover are? in inches and mm?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Adobe Photoshop CS and don't have any problems. I choose the borderless option in the printing properties and use a size of 7.1 inches for width and 10.6 inches for height.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Try coverxp at www.coverxp.com.

Excellent free tool.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very happy with undercoverXP http://jump.to/undercoverxp.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi
    I just read your question, and would like to give my 2 cents...
    I use Nero Cover Designer, and it works great for me!
    007craft, you're telling it does not allow to choose Letter Size, I use A4 size (I live in Europe, Portugal...) and have no problem. The DVD cover is shorter than A4.
    If you want any hint, just let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use a MS Word template I set up (I'm assuming you want to make your own covers). I measured the size on a 'real' cover and then set up a table in Word to mimick it - anyone who wants a copy can have it.

Jukka
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just printed a cover in photoshop cs with 182x273mm (EXACT dvd cover size) on letter sized matt photo paper

it worked flawlesly. thanks for all the help. I buy letter sized paper cause A4 is next to impossible to find unless ordered online and its priced higher. Why pay more when printing on letter sized works 100%. I guess maybe cause printers that cant do boardless wont be able to print on letter size like my old one cause the boarders have to be like half an inch and dvd covers only leave you with a quarter of an inch on each side after printing.

BTW if any1 is interested.. a trick i used to do to print my covers on letter sized paper on a printer that does not do boarderless is to tape 2 pieces of paper together. then set your printer to think its taking in a custom sized paper of like 360mm or something. then when it prints it will get the very last print of the cover on the 1 paper and since the paper is taped it will think its a really long peice and wont skip to the next page to leave a boarder.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try DVDCOVERART.COM for templates and advice. They also have custom covers which are very nice for a low low price. I have found them a little helpful in the past. Just an FYI, they do not do labels!
    I use surething 4.0 labeling program and have no issues with paper size and it is fairly simple to ad templates using their wizard.
    NickBurns - "It's the software that's stupid, not you... right?"
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    haha.. low price.. I would never pay for covers.. www.cdcovers.cc has all the cover for free and http://daprogger.mine.nu/index.php has tons of covers in super high resolutions for free. DVDcoverart is a scam. Its dumb how you have to pay them and the covers are not even theirs yet they belong to people who uploaded them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use Roxio EZCD Creator Label Program.. I Don't use anything else in Roxio, just Label creator program.. I Have an Epson Stylus Color Photo 820 Printer.. I then use the DVD Cover Part of the Roxio, and I reselect the paper size in the printer settings from 8.5" X11" to 8.5" to 14" sized poaper settings... I still only use the 11" sized paper, but it reads it as the 14" size.. The Dvd Case Cover fills almost the entie 8.5" X11" shet of paper.. I then just trim with scissors, and Viola.. A near perfect sized DVD Cover..that will fit into my DVD cases like the store bought kind...
    Quote Quote  
  15. HI,

I saw your post and I have to say that I had the same exact problem a few months ago. I got the trial verison of surething 4.0 at surething.com and I have to tell you it was so easy. You definatley need type a4 paper if you have an ink jet printer due to the sensors in teh printer that do the mandatory borders. Surething has a DVD template that is perfect and it went on teh 1st print. I would definatley check it out.

Marc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Photoshop. All other programs are inferior.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  17. Yep! Photoshop all the way! Have special default templates for thin and double disk thin cases. Sure helps on those home grown cases for series.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I have been using Acoustica CD/DVD label. I used all the programs above and found them a little harder to use. Acoustica is very friendly interface and easier to navigate.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I like using SureThing Labeler for my covers. I set them for 10.75 in. by 7.14 in. which is the size of my preforated glossy labels from Meritline. I use the same settings, A4 for size, when I use regular paper. The only difference is in my print propertities under page layout I check minimize margins and cut it out when finished printing for a perfect fit. The printer is an Epson 900 so I am able to select the cd/dvd setting for type of paper. This uses less ink so the paper is not saturated.
    Quote Quote  
  20. There is a great cover art printing program called DVD Cover Print. I have been using it for about a year now and it kicks butt over everything else I've used (and I looked for a long time before settling, including using professional programs like Photoshop). Another nice thing, its cheap. I couldn't believe the value for the price. Well worth looking at!
    Quote Quote  
  21. [url=http]text[/url] Denvers Dawgs's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone have or know where I can find a dvd template for Adobe Photoshop to print with my R200?
    What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Denvers Dawgs
    Anyone have or know where I can find a dvd template for Adobe Photoshop to print with my R200?
    Look Here at my post

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237496
    Quote Quote