VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If anyone has the v1.05 version still lying around on the hard drive, please pm me, I'd really like to get a copy of it. The author here seems intent on forcing people to use the new version of the tool, and will not respond to requests for the old tool. I don't need support on how to use it, I just need the tool itself. Thanks in advance for any replies!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD with 4 chapters that the only way to see them is in "Single Cell" mode in PgcDemux. How can I use DDtool to extract them? I've tried in manual mode, but the four chapters are in the same VTS and PGC, thus DDtool extract 4 times the whole DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I loaded up the required software, followed the guide and everything seemed to progress well until it came to Remuxing to a single VOB. The single VOB was created but it is empty [0KB].
    Does anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this problem?

I am using version:
    DDTool Version 2.21 - (4th Jun 2009) and
    pgcdemux recognised as 1.2.0.5
    mplex recognised as 1.9.0
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

Many thanks to a few folks who have PMed me the 1.05 source of the tool. If anyone else needs a copy, please let me know. Very much appreciate the community keeping the original tool alive!

bb.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by whatchamacallit View Post
    Hi! Thanks for the great guide!
    I am having a problem right at the beginning though. Everytime I try to use DDTool to backup my Batman Animated Series DVDs, I get this error:
    "Reached end of VOB file too early"
    Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
    Am encountering the same error "Reached end of VOB file too early". Didn't see a reply to this, but was hoping to bump it and see if anyone else out there has had (and figured out) this issue.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hey everybody, I have had the same exact issue where, no matter what I do or how I configure pgcdemux, I can't get a working .VOB file to save my life from ddtool.exe. It's a fantastic tool, and Cheekie Monkey deserves an incredible amount of praise, but DVD Decrypter is really the best tool for the job.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but in my mind development on ripping TV shows could have ended with DDMFRip.bat. It's been next to impossible to find a copy of it, but I was able to with some Googling. Below is the direct download link. Cheekie Monkie, please do not take this as a negative opinion of your abilities. Without you, there would be void, and I hope you let folks use this .bat file.

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1523730/ddmfrip.zip
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a noob to this but have followed the guide to a "T" as they say, and it doesnt work for me. Every time I get PGc dEMUX telling me theres an input error: Reached end of VOB too early.??

Anyone able to offer help ? I'm doing something wrong but i cant see what it is.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Download and use the above .bat file with DVDdecrypter and AutoGK. There are AutoGK tutorials on this website (here) but it's pretty self-explanatory.

So basically, the steps are:
    1. Configure DVD Decrypter using the steps in CheekieMonkey's guide
    2. Download and follow the steps outlined by the .bat file
    3. Use AutoGK to make .avi files.

Kind of long, but for a lot of people this is the best way to get .avi files from TV DVDs. Hope this helps!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Falcon3232 View Post
    Originally Posted by whatchamacallit View Post
    Hi! Thanks for the great guide!
    I am having a problem right at the beginning though. Everytime I try to use DDTool to backup my Batman Animated Series DVDs, I get this error:
    "Reached end of VOB file too early"
    Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
    Am encountering the same error "Reached end of VOB file too early". Didn't see a reply to this, but was hoping to bump it and see if anyone else out there has had (and figured out) this issue.

Thanks!
    Hi All,

I have been having exactly the same problem, but have just discovered that the DVD drive I was using was set to a different region than the disc it was trying to read.
    I put the disc into my second drive which is set to the correct region and it seems to work perfectly.

Hope this helps some of you
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by noflegrapor View Post
    Hey everybody, I have had the same exact issue where, no matter what I do or how I configure pgcdemux, I can't get a working .VOB file to save my life from ddtool.exe. It's a fantastic tool, and Cheekie Monkey deserves an incredible amount of praise, but DVD Decrypter is really the best tool for the job.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but in my mind development on ripping TV shows could have ended with DDMFRip.bat. It's been next to impossible to find a copy of it, but I was able to with some Googling. Below is the direct download link. Cheekie Monkie, please do not take this as a negative opinion of your abilities. Without you, there would be void, and I hope you let folks use this .bat file.

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1523730/ddmfrip.zip
    Thanks. What you posted was what I have been looking for as it always worked fine for me. However I cannot get the new (and more complicated) program to work. The MJPEG tools is a Linux suite so how does that work with Windows and where is the MPLEX.exe. Anyone point me to what might seem obvious to them? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm trying to use Cheeky Monkee's platform and failing miserably. I am an absolute novice at any CPU related. I'm trying to rip TV Seasons of my favourite shows (HIMYM, Lost, Big Bang, Arrested Dev't, etc.) for my wife who is moving overseas for work. I keep ending up with my VOB file having 0 bytes and no video streams attached when I go to use it in AutoGK.

Let me see if I have this right

1) First I need to decrypt the file using something like DVD Decrypter
    2) Then I must run Cheekie Monkee's programs, PGCdemux & DVDdemux
    3) Then I run AutoGK

Do I have this right? Furthermore, is there a way to make the 6-8 episodes per disc run together in one large .avi. It would just speed up the entire process so much.

I thank anyone for any help I can get and please remember, I'm basically a moron with these things, dumb it down as much as possible.
    Quote Quote