VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The drivers for this new Dazzle DVD Recorder USB device won't install to my Win2k machine. I knew it didn't have support but I hoped it'd still install. Anyone know if this is possible?

I'm trying to get the output from my DirecTV box into my PC so I don't have to buy a new TV to watch it in my bedroom. I don't need a tuner, since I'll be using the box and I don't care about recording it. I just want to use my PC to view the output of the DirecTV box. Doesn't seem that complicated but apparently it is.

Anyone have a better, cheap idea if this won't work? I have an old ATI TV Wonder VE card installed but never could get it to work either.

Thanks.
    Jason
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Check the Dazzel support site for a Win2k driver. If you have a PCI slot most any BT tuner card will have Win2K drivers.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, the support site only has the same XP or Vista drivers that came with the device. I know the PCI cards should have the support, but like I said, the one I already have I can't get to work and I'm on my second capture device. I'd like to hear if anyone has had any luck with a simple, cheap solution. If it's more than $100 I'm inclined to just buy a dang TV.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Consider a LCD/TV that has a tuner AND can double as a bigger/nicer computer monitor. That's my suggestion. Might run $300 or so.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Where can I find one of those for $300? I can find the TVs or the Monitors but haven't seen one that will do both.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try "Pinnacle Studio". It contains more drivers than its website's list. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks genki500, but are you suggeting I should buy the $100 Pinnacle Studio software with the hopes that it will have a Windows 2000 driver for my $50 Dazzle device? If I've got to spend $150 I'd rather just buy an LCD TV. If I misunderstood please let me know.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote