VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    hello friend , maybe you are able to give valuable information about the video encoding ultra hd 4k , I hope.
    I recently bought in my opinion the best camera as a value for 'money on the market capable of shooting videos 4k with stabilizer on the body to 5 -axis machine .
    I speak of my new Lumix gx80 / 85 able to resume both in others and in mp4 avchd with a 4k resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels 25p fps with bit rates up to 100MB / s .
    as video editing program i use edius 7.40 / 51 of the grass valley setting as profile uhfq 3840 x 2160 25p quantization 10bit and 2- ch audio to 48khz .
    to export video to 4k instead use the AVC codec setting average bit rate to 50mb / s and max bit rate to 63 MB / s VBR.
    I'd like to understand thanks to you how best to approach the encoding parameters for publication on youtube in 4K format
    I am interested to know more information about the recommended encoding parameters to play video 4K ultra hd smartv of various players and devices that can play these formats in this ultra hd resolution.
    for 4k encoding I was also thinking of using the following tools sw :

handbrake

adobe media encoder

any tools present in this link:
    http://filmora.wondershare.com/video-editor/top-10-free-4k-video-converters-for-windows-and-mac.html

I am ' also considering the use of the excellent adobe media encoder even in mode ' Standalone
    and others tools video encoding for 4k that you can think of that might help me.
    I saw that there 's also the possibility' of using the new codec HEVC H265 for 4k.
    all your information could help me a great help , and I 'll thank you ' very much for this .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I attach to knowledge some responses I received regarding my questions

I edit and export from Premiere Pro CC and the setting is H.264 4K 30fps 100/140 mbps and I am happy with the results, even though I see artifacts sometimes in YT video that are not in my file, but this is normal given that YT stream at only about 50mbps.

-------------------------

Hey I don't have much experience with 4k and all the fancy stuff you're doing, what I do know is how YouTube treats videos once they are uploaded.

You must render this video h264 codec because that is what YouTube works best with. YouTube will then use ffmpeg to convert the h264 video you upload to VP9 and lower bitrate h264 and serve variations of it on a per-browser basis. If you give it AVC it will look worse than if you give it H264. If you make AVC and convert it with handbreak to H264 it will probably look worse than a direct avc upload. Do not use handbreak if you do not have to.

The video editor you are using is not compatible with Debugmode Frameserver but you may be able to use x264vfw ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/ ). I have an old guide that explains how this is done, https://youtu.be/BDPRokNN0Uc?t=2m37s , but I have not updated my x264vfw preset and it is made for Vegas so you will need to manually build a command line from recent presets.

Because your video is 25FPS YouTube suggests 35-45MBPS rate, though you can use higher for marginal quality gains. ( https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en )

To summarize:
    do not do h264 for YouTube, it does not like h265, its encoder is configured most optimally for h264.
    do not use handbreak you will lose quality
    find out if you can use x264vfw with Edius, if you can just use my presets and you're good to go
    ----------------------------------------

So let me know if we're on different pages, but you would like to export 4K footage for YouTube and other application, right? My recommendation would to export any edited footage with h.264 or h.265. Any bitrate between 30-40 should be enough. Unfortunately YouTube compresses uploads heavily, so quality will never be perfect. Export audio that the software tells you to (44100hz or 480000hz will be fine).

-------------------------------------------

I will share ' my experiences and my video if you will help me .
    thank you so much , I'm so sorry for my poor English helped by google translate

bye avchd4k
    Quote Quote  
  2. Youtube recompress every uploaded video and you are unable to control settings of the YT encoder so there is no such thing as encoding for YT - download video from YT and compare with source - you will see difference between files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Youtube recompress every uploaded video and you are unable to control settings of the YT encoder so there is no such thing as encoding for YT - download video from YT and compare with source - you will see difference between files.

very interesting what you wrote .
    whatever you do you suggest that encoding to post videos 4k on youtube ??
    thanks a lot
    avchd4k
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by avchd4k View Post
    very interesting what you wrote .
    whatever you do you suggest that encoding to post videos 4k on youtube ??
    thanks a lot
    avchd4k
    Well, not sure if i understood you correctly, if not then please accept my apologies.
    My point was: as YT is dealing with various types of client they need to create various types of video (various resolution and framerates) from uploaded source.
    Side to this they promote own video codec (and audio - VP9 and Opus), as such YT prefer to deliver content with VP9 not H.264.
    Outcome of this is quite clear whenever you uploading your video it is converted to internal YT standards (i forget to mention that YT is interested in bandwidth reduction as much as possible - clear if imagine that they serving millions active connections at once).
    See no point to search for high quality and usually slow encoding when it will be anyway reencoded by YT.
    So generally preset like fast or veryfast is fine - only one limitation is upload time to YT - with slow internet connection it may be some trade off between time of upload and time of encoding.
    Quote Quote