VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick: that was such a fast reply! will those programs still show my subtitle when i play it on the dvd player? thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep. You basicly just load your avi file and subtitle file and convert to DVD. When you play on your dvd player you might have to enable subtitle on your remote control.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    THANKS! and by the way, what is tmpgenc for actually? to make the output file vcd?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I would like to add subtitles to an avi movie and i was wondering if when encoding using these programs , does it OPEN the file to triple the size when adding the subs? Like my file is 700mb and i know when converting to VOB for dvd the size ends up 4GB. The reason i ask is because i only have 4GB of storage left. Can I do these methods with that small amount of storage? I do want the output file to be avi.

thanks to those who help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by reez
    Can I do these methods with that small amount of storage? I do want the output file to be avi.
    No. As Video DVD, 4 GB is small (at least if we're talking about a movie in the 1.5-2 hour range).
    If you want it smaller, stick to the AVI format, where you get by ~ 1 GB for your average movie. Or VCD, which is 1 CD / 80 minutes.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    so it won't stretch out to 4GB while adding subs right? It will go from 700MB avi to 700MB avi without telling me that i need more space to continue(or worse just crash my pc)?

thanks for the help slashMats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by reez
    It will go from 700MB avi to 700MB avi without telling me that i need more space to continue
    Don't know what "it" is, so I can't trell for sure, but if you go AVI -> AVI, you have full control over the final file size. If you choose exactly the same bitrate for audio and video as your source AVI, the final AVI will be exactly the same size.
    But really - 4 GB free space=no free space at all. Go get yourself a new HDD before you even switch your computer on again.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for ur tut , i followed it and it worked.. however the subtitles and the movie dont run parralel how do i get them paralel?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick,

I already tried VOBSUB before and it won't open a .sub file and failed. So I used your guide here and updated the latest ffdshow and it crashed with Media Classic Player with sound but no picture. It has never happened before the update. It opens with VLan with picture and sound So I updated the latest Media Player Classic and same thing happened. It crashed with an error message and sooner I hit DON'T SEND the MPC closed.

I notice that in your guide you said to enable the subtitles on the left menu under Configuration, is that Video Decoder Configuration and not VFW configuration. What is your thoughts on this. In the mean time I have to uninstall the latetest ffdshow and use my previous beta 3 version 1324_20070701 and hope it won't crash the MPC because that is the player I use most. Thanks
    metta
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like using TMPGEnc, this is a really easy guide I found: http://www.driftingdots.com/float/permanentsubs.html
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

How do I view other replies for suggestions and discussion re crashing of the Media Player Classic. I noticed it said my post was viewed some 380000 times with 69 replies. But I can only see one reply from gogander. All my rmvb files have since turned into RA Real Media files and are now not viewable. I really need some help please. Thanks

metta
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Anggie: Use an all-in-one dvd converter that can add subtitles like ConvertXtoDVD, FAVC or DVD Flick instead.
    Hey Baldrick. Im using ConvertXtoDVD. I got the subs working with a video I want to convert. I added the video file to the tree view in Convert. Is that all I need to do for the subs to work with the dvd. Or do I need to expand the tree down and add the srt file to the subtitle tree?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you want add sub to avi look it:

crap

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by komandin
    If you want add sub to avi look it:

link removed
    Assuming this is not Spam . . .

This is like the 2nd. or 3rd. link I've seen here recently that requires a password to access it
    (ftp ?). Such links are completely worthless to most of us, and I wonder why anyone would bother posting them ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  15. 2nd Feb 2010 07:52

16. Dear Baldrick,

I have windows seven.
    I have one video with english sub titles. But subtitles cannt be copied(reproduced) on vcd or on pen drive.
    for video i have .avi file and for subtitles .srt file.
    In windows seven I could not see the option{ in windows expl. Tools-Folder Options} given by u in your first reply on the thread which is as follows

"Rename the subtitle file to the same name as the video but with a .sub or .srt extension(Be sure to turn of Hide extension for known files types in Windows Explorer under Tools->Folder Options->View). Example:

video.avi
    video.sub"
    This is very old post and there after there might have been many changes and hence guide me.
    I am layman and pl guide me in detail
    Quote Quote