VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For streaming reasons I wrap all my video material in a matroska container. Mostly sitcoms, so there are plenty files. I have my batch files in the root drive and move all the files there before running the batch file. If they are avi files for example, the batch file looks like this

for %%i in (*.avi) do mkvmerge -o aaaa/"%%i.mkv" --title "%%1" --generate-chapters interval:3m --no-subtitles "%%i"

I end up with all the files ending in .avi.mkv, and use a bulk rename utility to remove the .avi. Not that it does any harm except make the file name longer and look silly in the home theatre.

I can of course put the files in a specific folder, remove all the .avi extensions, and then use a modified version of the batch file.

Both these methods are a bit of a schlepp. Is there any way to make mkvmerge remove the existing extension. I can't see anything in the documentation. And I haven't been able to find a method to change extensions in a batch file.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Code:
    for %%i in (*.avi) do mkvmerge -o "aaaa\%%~ni.mkv" --title "%%1" --generate-chapters interval:3m --no-subtitles "%%i"
    https://technet.microsoft.com/library/bb490909.aspx
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote