VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey i just got started with videography and mostly on cell phone. I make videos but somewhere i myself feel that i need more flow in my videos. Plz suggest me how to bring out more flow.
    Here is a link to my video so that u can hav a better understanding of my mistakes
    https://youtu.be/lxZ4PyCdZzk
    Quote Quote  
  2. I, for one, have no idea what you mean by "flow". Can you explain better?

And why did you add black bars above and below? That's not necessary to keep the aspect ratio with YouTube videos and they're distracting.
    Last edited by manono; 10th Dec 2018 at 18:39.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Flow refers to the speed of the video. The link i gave is actually lil bit slow that i feel and i cannot understand how should i make my video more responsive to the music
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the flashing black frames are really annoying and gives me a literal headache!
    Quote Quote  
  5. To give the video a "flow" as you call it, it needs to tell a story. At the moment there is no story, just a collection of shots cut to music. If you want to make it "more responsive to the music" might I suggest a better track. Instead of one with a beat you could try a more ethereal one and do dissolves rather than cuts. Whatever genre of music you edit to will give a different feel to the video overall.
    Last edited by ChapmanDolly; 10th Dec 2018 at 16:41.
    Canon C100 mk2 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.3 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - 3 calibrated screens
    Quote Quote  
  6. As it was a city tour , i just wanted the new things my city has as a decorations. But could u suggest me how to put a city tour into a story. I mean as a new creator its really difficult to think n plan everything. Just need some tips
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Techniques can be taught. Artistic talent and vision has to come from within. If you were to just follow the techniques you're taught, your videos will end up looking like thousands of others that use the same techniques. Video is like any art, take what you know and like and create from there.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Jeetmohapatra View Post
    As it was a city tour , i just wanted the new things my city has as a decorations. But could u suggest me how to put a city tour into a story. I mean as a new creator its really difficult to think n plan everything. Just need some tips
    You sort of have a beginning, middle and end -- which is really the simplest explanation of story.

Here's a challenge: duplicate your timeline and try to get it down to 2 minutes. It will force you to make some decisions you've avoided. (1:30 if you're brave.) See if you like the flow better after that.
    Quote Quote