VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I heard that the chemicals in these newer cdrs isn't very good, and that the data can be corrupted with time, under a year, becoming grainey and losing info, like a tape. Except for 3 manufacturers. I don't believe it, anyone up to date on this kind of info?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've used a few brands, Verbatim seems to be the best at quality. And dependability. They have never failed a burn and they dont as far as I can tell break down. Some cheaper discs do have problems, Cyanine is know for some durabiltiy and other problems.
    Try to stay away from the 100 CDRs for 20.00 kind of deals. You usually get what you pay for. But buying brand name doesnt always mean the best. Ive heard alot of complaint about Fuji. I personally like Verbatim DataLife Plus discs. They are a little more than normal. 27.99 for a 50 pack spindle. But the quality is pretty high. Or you can get a 50 pack with slimline cases in multi colors for 39.99.

But no matter what cdrs you get just use the regular rules with them.
    1. Keep out of prolonged exposure to UV light.
    2. Keep them dry.
    3. Be gentle handling them.
    4. Dont use solvents like alcohol on them, even more so on the label side, because the label will rub off!
    5. Keep in average temperatures. ie: not in the sun, on a radiator, or any hot surface.
    6. Basicalyl dont abuse them, they are cds not frisbees.
    Quote Quote  
  3. from the general consensus i've gathered. the absolute best quality cd-r's are sony's cdq-74cn cd-r media.. they're only 74 minutes though..
    Quote Quote