VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello everytime i burn a dvd when the disc ejects it knocks off my wireless internet on my computer. i mean that the internet on my computer cycles when the disc ejects it also does it when i use my dvdrom
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only time I have seen something like this was with an older computer with a small power supply and a wireless usb dongle. Certain functions meant the power supply could not send enough power to the wireless usb, and the connection would drop out.

I suspect this could also happen with similar usb devices on cheap usb hubs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. gunslinger is there a simple fix
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Put in a bigger power supply, change to ethernet, or try a PCI based wireless card instead of a dongle, and never put a wireless dongle on a hub.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. gunslinger her is a dumb question on my part but could i take a power line adapter and set it up.. in other words if i put the adapter behind my computer and hooked the ethernet cable to it would it connect to my wireless router like that. your help is greatly appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean ethernet over power adapters ? Should do what you need, and will be much faster than wireless.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Similar fault here with instructions which may resolve the fault

The problem appears to be with the wireless configuration or its service in background

It's another os bug

Ps : Zercool fill in some computer specs and include wireless device make / model ... it helps in diagnosing the issue
    Quote Quote