VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I just joined just to ask this question. I can't find the solution anywhere. I hope I can find it here.

I was trying to make a video, using virtual dub. I was trying to put the video and subtitle together using textsub plugin.

I've done it many times without any problem but suddenly it does not work.

When I try to "save as avi" this message pops up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dub.JPG
Views:	464
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	25638

Now, I searched for this error -100 and it says there must be a bad frame.

But when I look at their error message, there's always certain frame number that is making problem.

In my case there isn't any as you can see from the screen shot.

I've searched here and went to "direct stream copy" and then "scan video stream for errors"

There is no error.

I've tried with many other videos just to make sure it was that video that had problem.

But no other videos work, it all makes same pop up. There's no way all my video files has problem.

Also I tried "save as avi" without compression - it works fine but files becomes massive.

I tried with some other codec - it works fine but file becomes massive.

The codec I need to use (and used to use without no problem until now) is Xvid MPGE-4 Codec.

I really want to make this problem go away... Please help...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried reinstall the xvid codec?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you tried reinstall the xvid codec?

I did it like 3 times... Still have same problem..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    Encode in DivX or x264 - then there will be a massive.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try through the ABR mode (in the settings disable two-pass encoding)
    Quote Quote  
  6. maybe the resolution input
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, make sure the resolution of your filtered video is a valid size for the codec you're using. For example, Xvid requires at at least mod 2 (integer multiples of 2) frame sizes, and at least a mod 4 frame height if encoding interlaced.

Make sure the colorspace after filtering is acceptable for the codec. You can use Video -> Color Depth to force an output colorspace.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi thanks all for the help.

To jagabo, I can't quite understand as I am not at all tech savvy. I only use virtual dub for subtitles and the textsub filter is all I know.

I ended up downloading this "star codec" program. It comes with many other codecs I can use. I officially gave up on Xvid and tried this "Divx MPEG-4 Fast Motion". It worked, file size is even better than Xvid but it gave me this horrible distortion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gom.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	25647

I mean... WTF?

I am so sorry that I can't even understand your help... I thought I found solution using other codec... What happened to my Virtualdub... Is he crazy...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Change to mod 4 frame sizes. Ie, resize, crop, or add borders to bring the frame width and height to an integer multiple of 4. For example, 640 is an integer multiple of 4 (160 * 4), 642 is not.
    Last edited by jagabo; 10th Jun 2014 at 10:26.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks!! It finally worked!! I loooooove you all for the help!! xoxo
    Quote Quote  
  11. By the way, Xvid and Divx are very similar. Differences you see in the file size are a matter of what settings you used. I haven't really used either for a few years but Xvid had a slight lead in image quality (when both are set to deliver the same file size) last time I used them.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    By the way, Xvid and Divx are very similar. Differences you see in the file size are a matter of what settings you used. I haven't really used either for a few years but Xvid had a slight lead in image quality (when both are set to deliver the same file size) last time I used them.
    Thanks jagabo! I learned a lot
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!