VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. anyone able to get the daytek p30 to accept hacked firmware? my cdrw just says "DATA DISC"
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,
    I just bought a Daytek p30. Its a good machine, but am having a little problem on it. I've read many threads but this one is quite peculiar. I've Bell sympatico. When I see the TV connected directly with bell - I see the sub titles, but when connected thru p30-- thru av rear I do not get the sub titles at all. I wanted to record a few shows with subtitltes, but as mentioned I do not get the subtitles at all. Can some one plz. help me with this problem. I was just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is it the problem with all. I want to record a prog. with subtitltes plz.

Thanks a lot guys.
    Quote Quote  
  3. good question. and related to that, is it possible to record analog cable tv with the black closed captioning on the bottom and include that closed captioning on the dvd-RW?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was seeing a lot mentioning abt. the firmware for Daytek P-30. It was mentioned to use the liteon. What I understand from the threads mentioned above that with the new firmware you could set up the disk record time to 3 hrs instead of 2 hrs or 4hrs. Is there any other function/functions which are added to P30 except this?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No macrovision detect and no region encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Daytek P-30 has to be changed to Liteon 5001 to use hacked firmware. It won't do it directly. Follow instructions on this site. At least the Akai DVD-RW 120 will accept the firmware disc for a Liteon with no modifications needed. Handy that!
    Quote Quote  
  7. could you give the link for instructions please-thanks
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote