VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On teegee420's suggestion, i started with 1500. i may bump it up to 2000 just to see what happens.

So, any idea about the divx files on other players?

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am noticing a little bit of horizontal lines across the video, like scaling. It is light but noticable. I am wondering if is just the dvd?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zeretul1
    I am noticing a little bit of horizontal lines across the video, like scaling. It is light but noticable. I am wondering if is just the dvd?
    Did you add the de-interlace filter to your encode?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah. It's not the same as interlacing as far as I can tell. With interlacing, I would get clear lines jutting out from peoples bodies. This is more like horizontal lines on the skin, faint but noticable.

Also, is there any harm in jacking up the bitrate? I've tried it, and the video seems to get worse past about 2300.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yeah. It's not the same as interlacing as far as I can tell. With interlacing, I would get clear lines jutting out from peoples bodies. This is more like horizontal lines on the skin, faint but noticable.

Also, is there any harm in jacking up the bitrate? I've tried it, and the video seems to get worse past about 2300.
    I've never ever ever seen an increase in bitrate result in poorer video, all things being equal. You must have changed a setting if this is the case.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is more like horizontal lines on the skin, faint but noticable.
    Can you post a screen grab? Can you tell if the DVD was recorded in film or video? If it's a film source you might want to try going to Video>Frame Rate and select "reconstruct from fields-adaptive". This will inverse telecine the video and restore the original 23.976 frame rate(again, if it was actually a film source). There's no need to add the de-interlace filter when you IVTC so don't add it.

That's pretty strange, as this has never happened to me. There shouldn't be any problem upping the bitrate, but your findings are different for some reason. Weird.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Clip was from "Species" filmed in '95. So, I'm not sure if its film or video, but pretty sure film.

I may have changed something. I remember I changed the "Performance/Quality" slider from Standard to Slow. Thats all I can remember.

This is a cap of the problem I'm having.

You can see lines all across the video.
    I will give your suggestion a try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My eyes must be worse than I thought because I don't see any lines at all, but I'm using a TV as my primary display so maybe that's why.

It's definitely a film source. You might want to try IVTC.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried IVTC, but I am still seeing the lines.

Maybe it's a compression thang.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Or maybe my computer or monitor...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone else see horizontal lines in the posted pic above, or am I as blind as the DMV says I am?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by teegee420
    Does anyone else see horizontal lines in the posted pic above, or am I as blind as the DMV says I am?
    Nope. Looked at it at least ten different times now. Might need to see a few secs worth of the video to see it....
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At this point, I'm pretty sure it's my old monitor. I'm starting to see these lines all the time. Damn....
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'd say that is pretty good quality for an old film cap...
    What lines
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  15. I see lines in my head all the time... Nope, no lines here, get a new monitor or video card. Not bad of a cap though.
    Quote Quote