VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. OK this is gonna be hard to explain but Ill try to explain it as best as I can for you all in hope you can help me!

Ive got this DVD-5

first it plays perfect on the PC HD all the VOBS play fine.. burns fine and all

There is 4 titles 1 is the movie and 3 others are extras.. im not to worried about

I have no idea what was done to create these VOB files either

now when I play the movie in any DVD player in the house (tryed about 4) I have a slight annoying pause pretty much in between every chapter!!

I tryed to use Vob Blanker I tryed to re auther and still the same thing./. what is interesting is these Vobs dont pause when I play them on the HD though.

now what is even more interesting is for example I use TMPEnc re auther.. now when I selected DVD video and chose the Video folder its in and chose track 1 (which is 1 hr 20 mins) and I go into the editing thing and it does its scan,.. only 3 mins of the movie comes up!! where has the other 77 mins gone

so it looks like whoever has done this has done it some very wierd way where its divided in chapters. whcih would explain why there is pauses throughout the entire movie. yet it doesnt explain why the title is 1 hour and 20 mins the entire movie! I am confused out of my mind here! I would have thought if it was done this way that there would be about 50 titles

I even tryed to re author in Shrink then use TMPGEnc again and still it would only show up the first 3 mins of the movie not the entire track 1 which is 80mins

Can anyone help me out with this?? greatly appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi....

If you want to get the movie right you can try this..

It can be a little advanced...

Demux the main movie with DGIndex or you can use projectx (req. Java Runtime).

Now you have the main title divided into video .m2v audio .ac3 or mp2 and the subtitles .sup

Reauthor a new DVD with guifordvdauthor.

The chapters will be lost but you can insert new with the authoring program.

There is no need to re encode the movie. The extras will be lost....

stars....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have probably mapped the end-of-chapter to go to the next chapter. When you do this, you get this jump. Always leave end-of-chapter mappings blank within a title set. When you do, it will seemlessly continue to the next chapter. About the only end-of-chapter that you do map is the last one, which you map to go to your menu, next video, etc.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Adster
    now what is even more interesting is for example I use TMPEnc re auther.. now when I selected DVD video and chose the Video folder its in and chose track 1 (which is 1 hr 20 mins) and I go into the editing thing and it does its scan,.. only 3 mins of the movie comes up!! where has the other 77 mins gone

so it looks like whoever has done this has done it some very wierd way where its divided in chapters. whcih would explain why there is pauses throughout the entire movie. yet it doesnt explain why the title is 1 hour and 20 mins the entire movie! I am confused out of my mind here! I would have thought if it was done this way that there would be about 50 titles

I even tryed to re author in Shrink then use TMPGEnc again and still it would only show up the first 3 mins of the movie not the entire track 1 which is 80mins
    This happened to me couple of times when I used a DVD recorder to record some karaoke songs from the internet. It played fine in all DVD players I have. I wanted to reauthor it because some songs were not complete. But DVD Shrink and TDA could only find a few titles. I gave up. After many months, I tried it again with TDA. It's a miracle. It showed all titles albeit even duplicated them! So if I have 30 songs, it was showing 60 titles. It looked like my single layer DVD could accomodate more than 8GB of data. Probably an illusion.

I am just telling you are not alone with this kind of problem. Hope somedoby can explain it to us.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    now when I play the movie in any DVD player in the house (tryed about 4) I have a slight annoying pause pretty much in between every chapter!!
    Perhaps the movie has been encoded with long GOPs.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by stars
    Hi....

If you want to get the movie right you can try this..

It can be a little advanced...

Demux the main movie with DGIndex or you can use projectx (req. Java Runtime).

Now you have the main title divided into video .m2v audio .ac3 or mp2 and the subtitles .sup

Reauthor a new DVD with guifordvdauthor.

The chapters will be lost but you can insert new with the authoring program.

There is no need to re encode the movie. The extras will be lost....

stars....
    thanks I downloaded the first program and it has done all the audio ac3 files (4 of them) but hasnt done the video file m2v?? its got a d2v file thats only small

EDIT dont worry I had to save video!

so what is the d2v file for?
    Quote Quote  
  7. GUI pops up somthing about framerates may not patch for PAL.. what do I do here?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open the DVD in PGCedit, double-click on the main movie title and see if there's a layer-break between each of the chapters? They're pretty easy to remove if there is.
    Quote Quote  
  9. ive got it opened but got no idea where to look to see if theres layer breaks?

This is a screen shot

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Double-click on the PGC with the longest running time (1.20.08) Title 1
    It will then open in a new window with details of chapter breaks and other information.
    Quote Quote  
  11. ok it comes up with a lot of chapters but how do I know if their breaks?

Theres 25 chapters
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's a table with a column of squares called "seam less joint". Each numbered chapter box should be ticked to indicate that they are indeed "seamless". If they aren't, you will have to tick them yourself. I had a similar problem with a different movie.
    Quote Quote  
  13. ah thanks very much none of them were ticked! I shall tick them all and see what happens now

Thanks alot for your help hopefully this is it!
    Quote Quote  
  14. thought id post and let you know all is great and works perfect with no pauses! thanks very much for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for letting us know it worked as it could perhaps help someone else with the same problem
    Quote Quote