VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I created an DVD compliant Mpeg-2 file using video mastering works 6 on Windows 10 64 bit edition. However when I try to execute the AviSynth script i Get the following error on this line:

DirectShowSource("C:\Sample.mpg", seek=false).ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)

the Error: Convert to YV12: Can only convert from Planar YUV

I checked the mpeg file by media info and this is the result:

Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0

I never had this issue on Windows 7.

Any help is appriciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Who would use the auxiliary DirectShowSource as long as a hand full of native decoders specifically for AviSynth (DGMPGDec, DGDecNV, L-SMASH Source, FFMS2) still work?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks LigH.de. I tried FFMS2 and DGDecNV and was able to load the video into AvsPmod.

In the past I usually edit the script in AVSPmod and load it later into Tmpgenc Video Mastering Works for processing or further modification. This time the Video Mastering Works 6 under Windows 10 refuses to load the AviSynth script unless I use DirectShowSource and only with Avi files. So at this junction Tmpgenc Video Mastering Works seems to have problem with AviSynth.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    AviSynth is less the issue; rather AviSynth using DirectShow still under Windows 10. DirectShow is being deprecated by Microsoft, they want to prefer Media Foundation. And remember, DirectShow can only support formats you installed filters for, splitters for containers and decoders for content; installing LAV Filters may enable DirectShow to support formats it did not support without before.

To avoid relying on filters installed into DirectShow, I would always recommend native AviSynth plugins. DirectShowSource is a detour compared to the direct way, using L-SMASH Source (the AviSynth plugin analog to LAV Filters for DirectShow).
    Quote Quote  
  5. LigH.de thanks for all your help. I installed LAV Filters just for handling AVISynth scripts and it worked liked a charm and I was able to use DirectShow and subsequently loading the script with Video Mastering Works 6.
    Quote Quote