VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used WinAVI v7.1 to convert a 1hr30mins AVI file to DVD format (VOBs etc), then burnt them to a DVD with Nero. The resulting DVD works fine on my DVD recorder and computer, but when my brother tries to play it on his DVD recorder or Playstation 2 the picture is black and white and the sound is really bad. This has happened before with another DVD I've tried. Does anyone know what might be causing this, and have any ideas as to how to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Black and white picture is often a pal/ntsc issue. Are you making a NTSC DVD? You can select it winavi.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, that could be it. I set the output and aspect ratio to AUTO after all. I'll try that, thanks!

Edit : Actually, do you know of a program I could use where I could put the DVD in the drive and it would tell me if it was PAL or NTSC?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ianpwilliams
    Hmm, that could be it. I set the output and aspect ratio to AUTO after all. I'll try that, thanks!

Edit : Actually, do you know of a program I could use where I could put the DVD in the drive and it would tell me if it was PAL or NTSC?
    Most players will have an option to show the details. 720 X 480= NTSC. 720 X 576= PAL
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok cool I'll check that out
    Quote Quote