VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have a region 3 NTSC DVD-9 original of Battle Royale II.

I have been baking up DVD's for a little while now and have not come across many problems.

However, when i copy this DVD, the picture is fine, the sound is fine but the subtitles play silly buggers. There are three choices of subtitle on the original disc, but only one of them works when copied.

I normally use DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter and Nero.

I have tried ripping with both Shrink and Decrypter, but i cant get the thing to work.

Has anyone any suggestions on how to get it to work?
    Might it be easiest to rip the subs seperately, and then reattach? If so how do i rip just the subtitles? (i have looked in the guides but can not find anything)

Thanks in advance

Zworg2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can rip the subtitles using DVD Decrypter in IFO mode.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by steveryan
    You can rip the subtitles using DVD Decrypter in IFO mode.
    thank you i just trying that..

i hope it works..

Zworg2
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi,

ok i have ripping the subs, but they come up as IFO and VOB.
    How do i get them into SUB or another recognised subtitle format that i can then add to a video?
    or ahve i used a wrong option?

this is my screen prior to ripping....
    have i missed something.......
    should i be using DSC, Demux or Raw?

thanks in advance

Zworg2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe my memory was playing tricks on me but I was sure you could use DVD Decrypter to rip subs. I've just had a mess about with it and I couldn't get it it to work either Have you tried Sub Rip?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by steveryan
    Maybe my memory was playing tricks on me but I was sure you could use DVD Decrypter to rip subs. I've just had a mess about with it and I couldn't get it it to work either Have you tried Sub Rip?
    Yes i got there on my own, but you can either rip the vobs to HD or process direct from DVD.

I done this bit now...

Thank You.

Zworg2
    Quote Quote  
  7. Maybe I'm being a little dense here, but I use DVD Decrypter, DVD shrink and Nero 12 Platinum in that order to get the DVD onto a Blu-Ray disc (I like the larger storage capacity). I have a few unencrypted foreign films that I want to get onto the disc with the subtitles showing. One worked just fine, but I think that is because the movie had them turned on or incorporated to begin with. I have others that you must go into the menu and turn the subtitles on.

As stated above, I want the subtitles already showing when I play the disc. Any ideas?

I do have a work around, but I am afraid that the quality will be diminished.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by StarTrek1701 View Post
    Maybe I'm being a little dense here,
    You dug up a 9+ year old thread and added to it in the belief that everybody here truly had no idea what to do in the 9 years since then and you're probably never going to post here again, so yes, you ARE indeed dense.
    Quote Quote  
  9. ... and since the corpse is in the open.

You can use DVD Remake or PGCEdit to have a pre-sommand to turn on the subtitles.
    Quote Quote